Qatar Airways and Discover Qatar have offered for couple of years completely free one night stopovers for passengers willing to spend some time in Doha.
Now, Discover Qatar has paid stopover package (very inexpensive) going on for stays through the end of 2019.
You can access this offer on Qatar’s website here.
Note that the transit time between the flights must be minimum of 12 hours to be eligible for the stopover package. You must book this as a multi-city on Qatar’s website, through a travel agent or on an OTA.
Here are the prices:
Here are the participating hotels (as of now):
You really shouldn’t even consider the four star hotels because of the minimal price difference to the “five” star ones.
The only issue is that there isn’t much to do in Doha besides visiting the soukh and Museum of Islamic Art. You can do them both in four/five hours (or even faster). If you have never been to Doha before, this certainly is an inexpensive way to stay for a night or two.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
• Booking validity: 1 February until 28 December 2019.
• Travel validity: until 31 December 2019. All travel must be completed by 31 December 2019.
• Offer is valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders with a minimum transit time of 12 hours in Doha until their onward flight.
• Qatar Airways E-ticket number start with “157” is required to be entered at the payment page.
• Maximum of one booking is allowed per E-ticket number. Conjunction tickets are considered part of the one original ticket.
• Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during the outbound or inbound journey. Passengers where Doha is their first departure point or final destination are not eligible for Stopover offer.
• Stopover offer is not applicable on codeshare flights.
• Maximum occupancy per hotel room is up to 2 adults (18 and above) and 1 child below 11 years of age.
• Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Qatar Airways is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.
• Please review Stopover offer complete terms and conditions here.