IHG Rewards Club has launched fast track offer for members that have certain credit card in China.
Citic card holders (and perhaps others too) can get Platinum status by consuming five nights between June 1 – September 30, 2019.
You can access this offer on IHG’s website here.
Credit card holders in other markers can get Platinum status for merely having an IHG affiliated credit card but that doesn’t appears to be the case in China (at least with this specific product).
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion (Google translate from Chinese):
By participating in this activity, members have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of this event and agree to the use of your personal information by the event organizer for the purpose of this event.
1. Participation qualification:
This event is for IHG® Priority Club CITIC Co- branded Gold Card (hereinafter referred to as “ Co- branded Card”) cardholder (hereinafter referred to as “Cardholder”). It is invalid to copy or forward this activity page to someone who is not the above. Inter-Hotel Group employee cardholders do not meet the conditions for participation.
2. Participate in the event hotel:
IHG® Greater China hotels are subject to the list of hotels updated by InterContinental Hotels Group from time to time. Greater China includes mainland China, as well as Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
3. Activity time:
June 1st, 2019 to September 30th, 2019 (both dates inclusive). The time in Beijing, China is subject to.
4. Activity mechanism:
1) “Activities” and “Event Doubles” on this page are collectively referred to as “this activity” in these Terms and Conditions.
2) Hotel accommodation prior to registration for this event is not counted towards the night of the accommodation required by the event.
3) When registering for this event, please fill in the information or valid email address that matches the Priority Club number indicated on your joint card. This registration information will be used to identify the validity of the member’s co-branded card and the validity of the Priority Club Rewards member. Simply signing up once means that the cardholder is involved in the mission challenge of “Activities and Gifts”.
4) During the event, the completion of “Activities” means that the cardholder successfully stayed at the IHG® Greater China Hotel at the accommodation price that meets the reward criteria , and completed the payment with the CITIC Co- branded Card, completing the stay of 5 nights. Mission, upgrade to
IHG® Priority Club Platinum Elite membership; completion of the “Event Double Gift” means that the cardholder successfully enters the accommodation price in accordance with the reward criteria based on the “Activities” IHG® Greater China hotel, with the payment of the CITIC Co- branded Card, completes 10 or more nights and receives an additional 10,000 IHG® Priority Club points.
5) The Platinum Elite membership obtained for this activity is valid from the date of promotion to December 31, 2020.
Cardholders who are already IHG® Priority Club Platinum Elite and Platinum Elite are not allowed to stack.
6) Reward-qualified accommodations are members of InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels® and Resorts, Indigo Hotels® , Holiday Inn® , Holiday Inn Express® , or Chinatown® Hotels & Resorts in Greater China A one-night stay for eligible rates (including most business and leisure rates). Bonus points are not eligible for rates that do not meet the award criteria and for accommodation that does not meet the award criteria. At the following discounted prices (hereinafter referred to as “not eligible for the award” or “not eligible for the award”, you will not be eligible for bonus points: individual and group net wholesale prices, specific package prices, employee discount prices, relatives and friends prices , Airline crew price, special discounted contract price, seasonal staff/air crew price, travel club half price discount, industry discount price, trapped passenger price, IHG®
Rewards Club Rewards accommodation / airline hotel reward price Most prices booked through third-party websites, free hotel accommodation, and InterContinental Hotels Group’s sole discretion should not be considered as any other price that meets the award-winning rate. Only one person per room per stay will receive the corresponding bonus points or other corresponding offers (if any). If more than one member is registered in the same room, only one member can receive the corresponding bonus points or other corresponding offers (if any).
7) The promotion challenge is only for the IHG®
Priority Club. When the cardholder successfully completes the challenge, the Platinum Elite membership is only IHG®
Priority Club. You can enjoy the IHG®
Priority Club Platinum Elite membership. Does not include CITIC Bank Platinum Card equity.
8) InterContinental Hotels Group will concentrate on the cardholders who meet the required accommodation during the event within 30 working days after the event (in case of legal holidays); 10,000 points IHG® Priority Club Rewards The reward will also be directly entered into the Priority Club Rewards account number shown on the unique corresponding co-branded card of the cardholder who meets the requirements for accommodation within 30 working days after the event (in case of legal holidays).
5. Other terms:
1) Cardholders participating in this activity are required to apply the terms and conditions of the activities of the event in addition to
the membership terms and conditions that IHG® Rewards Club updates from time to time.
2) Prizes and/or rewards for this event cannot be transferred, exchanged or exchanged for cash. Once the cardholders or members are found to have abused the elite membership and/or points rewards for this activity, InterContinental Hotels Group reserves the right to disqualify the member from participating in the event and related bookings.
3) Tax obligations such as personal income tax (if any) are the responsibility of the winner.
4) InterContinental Hotels Group reserves the right to terminate this event at any time. For each cardholder, InterContinental Hotels Group will terminate the membership benefits for the next event without prior notice before or after the completion of a reservation and check-in.
5) If the cardholder who participates in the activity has any objection to the qualifications of his participation in the event, or whether his participation behavior meets the reward criteria for the event, or whether he actually receives the reward corresponding to the activity, he shall end the activity. After the 60th (“objection period”) was raised. InterContinental Hotels Group will only record the above-mentioned qualifications and information of the cardholders participating in the event during the objection period. Exceeding this period, the information will not be retrieved due to system restrictions. The cardholder shall be solely responsible for all losses caused by the failure to file an objection during the objection period.
6) If you are interested in attending and enjoying this event, or if you would like to know more about this event, please contact the IHG® Rewards Club Guest Center.
7) The Organizer reserves the right to amend the rules of this activity from time to time to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8) The cardholder guarantees to abide by relevant Chinese laws, regulations, rules and other regulatory documents during the event.
9) The event organizer shall not be liable for any delay or delay in the transmission of cardholder information caused by computer viruses, network failures, hacker attacks, telecommunication regulations, network transmission delays, or malfunctions.
10) Exemption: Within the scope permitted by local law, the winners agree to waive and not hold the organizer, the administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, points for the collection of points. Any claim or cause of action of the Supplier and its respective parent company and their respective company managers, directors, employees and agents (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Exemption Party”), including but not limited to the participation in the award of the award or acceptance, use, misuse Property damage or loss caused by any prize. The liability of the organizer or administrator for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, deception or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other act prohibited by law, is not limited or excluded here.
11) Limitation of Liability: To the extent permitted by local law, the Exempted Party is not responsible for: (1) whether caused by the cardholder, by printing error or by any equipment or programming associated with the activity or used in the activity. Any incorrect or inaccurate information; (2) any form of technical failure, including but not limited to the failure, interruption or disconnection of the telephone line, network hardware or software; (3) may occur during the qualification process Technical or human error; (4) mail/sms delayed, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen; (5) direct or possible due to cardholder participation in the event or receipt, use or misuse of any prizes Indirect, all or part of property damage or loss. If it is verified that the cardholder’s quota has been mistakenly deleted, lost, or otherwise damaged or damaged for any reason, the sole remedy for the cardholder is to increase one of the winning places, if possible.
12) Disputes: Unless prohibited by law, the cardholder agrees: (1) Any and all disputes, claims and litigation arising from or in connection with the qualification of the award shall be resolved separately and shall not be resorted to any form of collective Litigation, and only resolved within the scope of the People’s Republic of China; (2) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to the actual payment of cash, including the costs associated with participation in the event, but in no case include Attorney’s fees; (3) Under no circumstances are cardholders allowed to obtain a ruling, and hereby waive all indirect, punitive, incidental and incidental damages and any other damages that are claimed in addition to the actual payment of cash. Rights, and any and all rights to double or otherwise increase damages. All questions and questions concerning the composition, validity, interpretation and enforceability of this Official Rule, as well as the rights and obligations of the cardholder and the organizer associated with this activity shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the People’s Republic of China. Explanation. The application of legal choices or conflict of laws rules (whether in the People’s Republic of China or any other jurisdiction) is not permitted, which in turn may lead to the need to apply laws in any jurisdiction other than the People’s Republic of China.