Hilton and Lyft today launched a partnership that allows Honors members to earn points for rides they take.
Hilton Honors members earn 3 points per USD charged on rides except on shared ones, which earn 2 points per USD spent.
You can access Hilton’s page for this partnership here.
Note that you don’t earn Hilton Honors points for taxes, fees, tolls and tips. There is a yearly cap of $10,000 for earning points under this partnership. You must link your Lyft and Hilton Honors accounts.
Lyft only operates in the United States and select cities in Canada. Members elsewhere won’t benefit from this tie up. Lyft and Uber have both had very shaky stock market debut. Only time will tell if these money losing operations will become profitable or replaced by something else.
Uber used to have a partnership with SPG that allowed Starwood members to earn Starpoints for their rides. That partnership didn’t survive Marriott’s takeover, however.
Here are the terms and conditions of this partnership:
Benefits pursuant to this offer are limited to Hilton Honors members. To qualify, a Hilton Honors member must register for this offer and enter their Hilton Honors membership number to link their Lyft account on HiltonHonorsLyft.com (a “Linked Account”). Only one Hilton Honors membership number can be provided for each registration and corresponding Lyft account.
New Lyft User Offer: New Lyft users may receive up to $15 in Lyft ride credits in the form of three (3) $5 credits off the new user’s Eligible First Ride(s). “Eligible First Ride(s)” means a New Lyft User’s first, second and third Lyft rides that are completed within the United States and/or Canada and within 60 days of signing up as a new Lyft user via hiltonhonorslyft.com .
Points Offer on US and Canada Rides: Lyft users who have Linked Accounts are eligible to receive 3 Hilton Honors points (“Points”) per $1 eligible USD (as applicable), excluding taxes, fees, tolls and tip spent on any Eligible Lyft Ride. “Eligible Lyft Ride” means any paid Lyft Ride requested and completed using the Lyft app within the United States or Canada after registering the Linked Account. “Lyft Ride” is defined as one of the following ride types: Lyft, Lyft XL, Lyft Black XL, Lux, and Lux Black.
Lyft users who have Linked Accounts are eligible to receive 2 Points per $1 eligible USD (as applicable), excluding taxes, fees, tolls and tip spent on any Eligible Lyft Shared Rides. “Eligible Lyft Shared Ride” means any paid Lyft Shared Ride requested and completed using the Lyft app within the United States and Canada after registering the Linked Account. “Lyft Shared Ride” is defined as a Lyft Shared ride type.
Lyft users who have linked accounts may earn Points on $10,000 USD of eligible Lyft spend per calendar year.
Points will be awarded on Eligible Lyft Rides based on local currency converted to U.S. dollars, which shall be calculated in Hilton Honors’ and its partners’ discretion. Local currency will be converted into U.S. dollars using a published rate of exchange in effect at time of conversion. This rate will be determined based on standard currency conversion methods, which shall be selected in Hilton Honors’ and its partners’ discretion.
By submitting your information to validate and Link Accounts, you agree to these terms and you agree that Lyft, Hilton and the third party hosting this site may share your information for the purpose of tracking and processing your Points into your Hilton Honors account and may use anonymized, aggregated data for business analytics and offer optimization. Hilton Honors account holder must be the same as the Lyft account holder in order to earn Points.
Additional Lyft terms: Tips not included. Restrictions apply. When Lyft fares are split among multiple users, only the user requesting the ride will earn Points. Lyft not available in all locations, including Puerto Rico. Lyft ride credits valid for Lyft users 18 years of age and older only. When calculating Points earned, fares will be rounded to the nearest dollar, and then any promotional offer will be calculated on the rounded amount. Lyft credits can only be used on the Lyft app and are not redeemable for cash. Lyft credits are non-transferable and cannot be combined with other offers. Any charges exceeding the Lyft credit value will be applied to your personal payment method. By using Lyft, you agree to Lyft’s Terms of Service. To stop earning Points, you may visit the Lyft Connected Services page and scrolling down to “Connected Apps” and tapping “Revoke” next to Hilton Honors. To unlink your accounts completely, you will need to make a request to Hilton or Lyft directly.
Hilton Honors membership, including the earning and redemption of Points and the eligibility for on-property benefits and amenities, is subject to Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions, available at https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html. Hilton Honors Program membership and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Hilton Honors, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hilton Domestic Operating Company Inc. Hilton Honors is defined as Hilton Honors Worldwide, LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, partners, employees, and agents. Please allow up to 10 business days after completion of Eligible Lyft Rides or Eligible Lyft Shared Rides for Points to be deposited in Hilton Honors account. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Offer(s) subject to change, and may be modified, suspended or terminated at any time without notice. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Determinations of eligibility are made in Lyft and Hilton Honors’ sole discretion. Lyft and Hilton reserve the right to review and investigate all offer activities, and to suspend accounts or remove rewards and Points for suspected abuse, violation of terms, or fraud.
Hilton, Hilton Honors and the Hilton and Hilton Honors logos are registered service marks of Hilton Domestic Operating Company Inc. Hilton is not responsible for goods or services offered by Lyft. LYFT and other Lyft logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Lyft, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
* Excludes taxes, fees, tolls and tips.
Here are the frequently asked questions:
- Do I have to do anything on the Lyft app once I have linked my accounts?
- No. As long as your accounts are actively linked, your rides will earn points. To make sure your accounts are actively linked, visit the Connected Services page within the Lyft app. You should see a Hilton Honors logo if your accounts are linked.
- Can I link more than one Hilton Honors account to my Lyft account?
- No, only one Hilton Honors account may be linked to a Lyft account.
- Can I link more than one Lyft account to my Hilton Honors account?
- No, only one Lyft account can be linked to a Hilton Honors account.
- I tried to link accounts, but it would not work. Can I still earn points? What should I do?
- If you have attempted to link your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts, but were unsuccessful, you may still be able to link accounts. If you were unable to link your accounts, you should have received an error message. If the error message was related to your Hilton Honors account, please contact Hilton Honors Support by calling 1-800-548-8690. If the error message was related to your Lyft account, please contact the Lyft Help Center.
- I previously linked my accounts but recently deleted my Lyft app. If I download it again, are my accounts still linked?
- Yes, the accounts will still be linked even if you uninstall and reinstall the Lyft app.
- I cannot find my Hilton Honors account number. How can I look it up so I can complete account linking?
- If you are a Hilton Honors member and forgot your account number or email address, please contact the Hilton Honors Customer Support Center.
- What if I did not link my Hilton Honors account to my Lyft account and see that I have earned Points for rides?
- If you did not authorize your Hilton Honors account to be linked to your Lyft account, please update your password and contact email@example.com as soon as possible. You can also contact Hilton Honors Customer Support Center.
- I would like to unlink my accounts. How can I do this?
- To stop earning Points, visit the Lyft Connected Services page. Scroll down to “Connected Apps” and tap “Revoke” next to Hilton Honors.
- To completely break the link between your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts, you will need to make a request to Hilton or Lyft directly. This would allow you to link your Hilton Honors account to a different Lyft account, in the instance you change your phone number.
- How do I earn Honors Points with Lyft?
- Hilton Honors Members need to link their Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts via HiltonHonorsLyft.com in order to earn points. Once your accounts are linked, just request and complete a ride with Lyft to earn your Hilton Honors Points.
- Do I have to visit HiltonHonorsLyft.com every time I ride to earn Hilton Honors Points?
- No. Once your accounts are successfully linked, you do not need to visit HiltonHonorsLyft.com again to earn Hilton Honors Points for each Lyft ride. Just request and complete a ride with the Lyft app.
- Where can I see the Hilton Honors Points I earned for rides once I’ve linked my accounts?
- You can view your account and keep track of your Hilton Honors Points on honors.com or within the Hilton Honors App.
- How soon after I complete a ride will I see Hilton Honors Points posted to my account?
- Points can take up to 24 hours after your ride is completed to post to your Hilton Honors account. If more than three business days have passed since you completed your ride and Hilton Honors Points have not been posted to your account, please validate the ride in question via the Lyft Help Center. Once your ride has been validated, please contact the Hilton Customer Support Team.
- Why is my ride breakdown and Hilton Honors Points earned are different on different rides?
- Each ride you take is different depending on ride type, distance, city etc. Taxes, Highway Tolls, Fees, Tips and Lyft Credits are excluded from the amount that is applied toward Hilton Honors Points awarding.
- Members will earn three (3) Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD spent on Lyft, Lux, Lux Black, Lyft XL, Lux Black XL and all other Lyft Ride Types priced higher than Lyft classic
- Members will earn two (2) Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD spent on Lyft Shared (and other Shared Rides)
- Can I request Hilton Honors Points for rides that I took before linking my accounts?
- No. The earning of Hilton Honors Points is exclusively for Honors Members who have active linked accounts at the time the ride is completed. Historical rides prior to account linking are not eligible for earning Hilton Honors Points.
- If there are multiple people riding together who have linked their accounts, can everyone earn Hilton Honors Points?
- No. Only the Lyft rider who made the ride request with their Lyft app can earn Hilton Honors Points as long as that account was linked prior to requesting the ride.
- Once my accounts are actively linked, are there any specific ride types I have to take to earn Hilton Honors Points?
- Point Earning is valid on all rides where Lyft operates. You will earn 3 Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD spent on all standard Lyft rides (currently Lyft, Lyft Lux, Lyft Lux XL, Lyft Black, Lyft Black XL and Lyft Access) and 2 Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD spent on Lyft Shared rides.
- Is there a cap on the number of Hilton Honors Points I can earn for Lyft rides?
- Yes, members who have linked accounts may earn Points on $10,000 USD of eligible Lyft spend per calendar year.
- Will I still earn Hilton Honors Points if I request and complete a ride on my Lyft Business account?
- Yes. As long as your business profile is the same as the account that is linked with your Hilton Honors account.
- What Lyft charges are eligible for Point earning?
- Base Ride fares for Lyft Shared, Lyft, Lyft Lux, Lyft Lux XL, Lyft Black, Lyft Black XL and Lyft Access are all applicable for earning Hilton Honors Points. Government imposed taxes and fees, tolls and tip are not eligible.
- What if I, as a rider, pay in another currency other than USD?
- Riders will earn 3 Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD on all Lyft, Lyft Lux, Lyft Lux XL, Lyft Black, Lyft Black XL and Lyft Access rides, and 2 Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD on Lyft Shared Rides.
- Is there a surcharge for Lyft rides that earn Hilton Honors Points?
- No. There are no additional charges associated to earning Hilton Honors Points for your Lyft rides.
- Can I earn Hilton Honors Points as a Lyft driver?
- No. Lyft do not currently offer a point earning opportunity for Lyft drivers. Drivers can earn unlimited Hilton Honors Points through this partnership when traveling as a rider.
- If I have linked my accounts, requested a ride, and split the fare with another user who has linked their accounts, will we both receive Hilton Honors Points?
- If a Lyft ride fare is split among multiple users, only the requesting user will earn Hilton Honors Points on the ride.
- Where can I earn Hilton Honors Points for Lyft rides?
- Members will earn Hilton Honors Points on Lyft rides in the United States and Canada.
- Are there any rides for which members cannot earn Hilton Honors Points?
- Yes, members who have linked accounts may earn Points on $10,000 USD of eligible Lyft spend per calendar year.
- Members cannot earn Hilton Honors Points on Scooters.
- If I currently do not have a Lyft account, how do I sign up?
- You can visit https://www.lyft.com/signup to create an account and become a Lyft user.
- What is required to be eligible for the New Lyft Rider offer?
- This offer is only valid for Honors Members who become new Lyft users and sign up for Lyft via (hiltonhonorslyft.com). Members who are already signed up with Lyft and completed a ride are not eligible for the New Rider offer but will be eligible to earn Hilton Honors Points with every Lyft ride.
- Once I have signed up for Lyft as a New Lyft Rider and linked my accounts, do I need to take any further action?
- Yes. You will receive an SMS confirming that your Lyft account has been activated. Once received, you should make sure that you have downloaded the Lyft app, and then begin taking rides to start earning Hilton Honors Points. Your new user credit will be auto-applied to your account and first three rides.
- How do I use my three (3) $5 – a total value of $15 – New Lyft Rider credits?
- Hilton Honors Members who are New Lyft Riders will receive (3) $5 credits – a total value of $15 – automatically in the “Promos” section of their Lyft account profile. A credit will be automatically applied to your first three Lyft rides.
- If you are having problems using your credits, riders should refer to the Lyft Help Center.
- Is there a time limit for how long I have to use my three (3) $5 credits?
- Yes. You need to complete your three Lyft rides within 90 days of signing up for Lyft and linking your Hilton Honors account.
- If I am not currently a member of the Hilton Honors program, how do I sign up?
- You can visit honors.com/join to enroll and become a Hilton Honors member.
- Can I utilize this benefit if I live outside of the U.S. or Canada?
- Yes, however the rides must take place within the U.S. or Canada
- Can I utilize this benefit if I travel outside of the U.S. or Canada?
- No, this benefit is only available for travel within the U.S. and Canada. Currently, these are the only countries in which Lyft operates.