This week we already covered that American Airlines and Hyatt launched a partnership that allows each others elites to earn bonus miles and points plus a status match/challenge – I gave it a try and it worked perfectly.
You can also access the World of Hyatt offer on AA’s website here.
The match promotion will be visible under your account tab in the “Promotions” section and requires active registration following the linking of your accounts as John outlined in his previous articles.
I have done so right now as I really don’t have any intentions of actively pursuing AAdvantage status this year. The regular American Airlines status challenges usually last a full year longer if requested after June 15th of each year but in this case it applies to signup’s prior to June 15th as well as the T&C say. You status will be good until January 31, 2021.
The result of my requested account status upgrade was visible in the account within a couple minutes. Log out and back in again to see the result, keep in mind though that the message displayed says that it can take up to 24 hours.
The other reason being I have a couple domestic flights the next two weeks and hopefully be able to finally burn some of my 500 mile upgrade certificates of which I have 29 sitting in my account for about a decade now. It’s pretty much impossible to use any of these as AA Gold (exceptions apply depending on the routes).
I’m positively surprised how well this match worked and that it updated instantly. Despite much negative press, I like flying AA domestically especially via/from LAX and those gateways where I can use the Flagship Lounge with my British Airways Emerald card.
Here are once again the T&C for the match/fast track offer:
- This is an exclusive offer only for World of Hyatt Globalist members who successfully linked their AAdvantage® and World of Hyatt accounts
- Register by 11:59 p.m. CDT on September 30, 2019, for your EQMs, EQDs and EQSs to count toward this promotion
- You can only participate in 1 elite status challenge at a time
- Travel completed before registration doesn’t count toward this challenge
- Eligible tickets include purchased, published fares flown between the date you register and the date 3 months after you register
- Qualifying eligible flights must be operated by American Airlines or marketed by American, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia or Japan Airlines
- Flights marketed and/or operated by codeshare partners not listed above aren’t eligible for this promotion
- Bonus EQDs and EQMs don’t count toward this offer
- After you reach the required thresholds, your elite status membership benefits will be extended immediately through January 31, 2021
- You must requalify for elite status membership annually
- Additional terms and conditions apply