EVA Air, Taiwanese Star Alliance member airline, flight attendants are currently on strike that has lead to cancellation of two thirds of the flights (670 through June 30, 2019 as of today).
Flight attendants are demanding higher daily allowances and paying negotiated wage/benefits to only unionized members.
You can accerss EVA’s page for strike information here.
The strike FAQ’s that are listed on the website are incorrect for departures from the European Union/EEA.
The airline is required to provide Duty to Care (accommodation, meal & phone card) and rebook the affected passengers to their final destinations at the earliest opportunity.
Those that are affected by this strike should request EVA to rebook them to their final destinations even on competing airlines. EVA has closed their ticket sales until the end of the month as it is not clear when this industrial action will end.
Let’s hope that the parties can come together and find an acceptable agreement for both.
Here are the FAQ by EVA:
- When will the flights return to normal?We are doing our best to return service to our regular schedule as quickly as possible.
- What can I do if my flight is cancelled?
- If the ticket was purchased from a travel agent, please contact your travel agent to arrange alternative flight.
- If the ticket was purchased from EVA Air Office or EVA Air website / EVA mobile APP, please contact EVA Air Office to arrange alternative flight.
- How can I obtain a refund because my flight is affected by Strike? Is any refund penalty applied?
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed due to the strike, EVA will exempt your ticket refund from service fees.
- If you purchased your ticket from a travel agency, please contact that agency for a refund.
- If you purchased your ticket from an EVA Air Office, please contact the office that issued the ticket for a refund.
- If you purchased your ticket through the EVA Air website / EVA Mobile APP, please use the Refund Ticket link below or go to “Book and Manage Your Trip” at www.evaair.com and select “Refund Application/Inquiry” to submit your refund request. Refund Ticket/Inquiry.
- If the ticket you originally purchased from the EVA Air website / EVA Mobile APP has already been rebooked and reissued by an EVA Air Office, please contact that EVA Air Office for a refund.
- How can I get the PROOF of the flight delay or cancellation?Please refer to EVA Air websiteFlight StatusFlight Certificate for self-service printing or contact the nearest EVA Air Office.
- I will miss my connecting flight because of the cancellation of EVA Air flight, what will EVA Air handle my flights?Please contact your travel agent or the nearest EVA Air Office and rearrange alternative flights to your final destination.
- I have another ticket of other carrier for the connecting flight but will miss the connection due to the cancellation of EVA flight, how will EVA take care of my ticket change?The liability of EVA Air is limited to the ticket which EVA Air (carrier code BR) is indicated on. EVA Air is not responsible for a separated flight ticket.
- Is there any compensation for my EVA Air flight cancellation due to Cabin Attendant Strike? Should EVA Air reimburse the accommodation and transportation expenses incurred by the change of itinerary (including purchasing other airlines’ ticket to complete my journey)?
- Strike is beyond the control of the airline (refer to the Article 9.2. of the General Conditions of Carriage), to our regret, it is not within the scope of our responsibility. However, EVA Air will try the best to arrange alternative flight or process ticket refund according to passenger’s request.
- For passengers holding EVA Air’s individual tickets (FIT), if the departure time of your alternative flight is 6-hour behind your original schedule, EVA Air will reimburse any necessary expenses such as meal, accommodation, or transportation caused during the delay, with the maximum reimbursement amount of USD250 (or equivalent foreign currency). Please upload related receipts and alternative flight boarding pass to ”TRANSPORTATION OR ACCOMMODATION FEE APPLICATION”, and we will contact you after further evaluation. Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated as the process takes time.
- For EVA Air’s group passengers, please contact your original travel agency for further assistance.
- I’ve purchased the ancillary service such as prepaid baggage, chargeable seat service, what should I do?Please contact EVA Air Office. Refund fee is waived while apply refund.
- I am an Infinity MileageLands member holding EVA Air/UNI Air award tickets or upgrade awards. My flight was cancelled, how do I rearrange my schedule?Please contact EVA Air Office for rebooking.
- I am an Infinity MileageLands member holding EVA Air/UNI Air award tickets. I cannot use my award ticket before valid date due to flight cancelled. Is it possible to extend the ticket validity?Ticket validity can be extended 3 months. Please contact EVA Air Office for follow-up.
- I am an Infinity MileageLands member holding EVA Air/UNI Air award tickets. Is it possible to refund Award Tickets due to flight cancelled?It is available for entirely or partially unused EVA Air / UNI Air award tickets refund. Also, the service fee will be waived. Please contact EVA Air Office for follow-up.
- What will you do with the duty free products I ordered and paid with credit card?Due to the flight cancellation, we will cancel the order and have the refund sent to your bank account accordingly.
- What will you do with the duty free products I ordered and paid with mileage/e-coupon and credit card?Due to the flight cancellation, we will cancel the order and have the refund sent to your bank account. The valid mileage and e-coupon will be back to your account accordingly.
- Any impact of strikes for Hello Kitty Jet operation?Routes scheduled with Hello Kitty Jet might be replaced with non-kitty jets, but all in-flight kitty service, meal items will not be available during strike period.
- Changes of BR/B7 flights affected by Cancellation/Schedule ChangeChanges of BR/B7 flights affected by Cancellation/Schedule Change
- The updates on our office hours worldwidePlease click here to check the updates on our office hours worldwide during this incident