United Airlines has launched a new “Your cup of tea” offer for select MileagePlus members who fly business class (Polaris) segments between Newark and London Heathrow through December 15, 2019.
MileagePlus members can get Gold with one round-trip (2 segments), Platinum with two round-trips (4 segments) and 1K on four round-trips (8 segments).
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
Note that the trips don’t need to end or begin either in Newark or London Heathrow. You merely need to have the qualifying Polaris segments on flights between this city pair.
Eligible fare classes are: J, C, D, Z, P
- Members who complete at least 1 roundtrip or 2 flight segments in Polaris business class between EWR and LHR on United during the Challenge Period will earn Premier Gold status.
- Members who complete at least 2 roundtrips or 4 flight segments in Polaris business class between EWR and LHR on United during the Challenge Period will earn Premier Platinum status
- Members who complete at least 4 roundtrips or 8 flight segments in Polaris business class between EWR and LHR on United during the Challenge Period will earn Premier 1K® status.
The status achieved using this offer is valid through the end of January 2021. The direct flights between Newark and London Heathrow in Polaris are expensive (unless you work for a business with a negotiated fare). Booking connecting itineraries can lower the price considerably.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1. Offer valid only for original recipients of the invitation from MileagePlus.
2. Members are required to register through the promotion registration website before they can participate in the promotion.
3. Members who register will receive Premier status by completing qualifying flight requirements. A “qualifying flight” is a flight operated by United between New York/Newark (EWR) and London Heathrow (LHR) in United Polaris business class, that is booked after registration and completed between the dates of August 16, 2019, and December 15, 2019 (“Challenge Period”).
4. Members who complete the following “Qualifying Flight Requirements” during the Challenge Period will earn the listed reward:
a. Members who complete at least 1 roundtrip or 2 flight segments in Polaris business class between EWR and LHR on United during the Challenge Period will earn Premier Gold status.
b. Members who complete at least 2 roundtrips or 4 flight segments in Polaris business class between EWR and LHR on United during the Challenge Period will earn Premier Platinum status
c. Members who complete at least 4 roundtrips or 8 flight segments in Polaris business class between EWR and LHR on United during the Challenge Period will earn Premier 1K® status.
5. Members who earn Premier status through this promotion will have their accounts updated within five to seven business days of meeting the Qualifying Flight Requirements. Premier status will be valid until to January 31, 2021.
6. Flights operated by United, United Express or Star Alliance member airlines during the Challenge Period will count toward meeting the Qualifying Flight Requirements; however, any other bonus or promotional segments do not count toward the Qualifying Travel Requirements.
7. Through this offer, you will not be able to qualify for a higher Premier status level than the status you earn. However, you will still be able to qualify for a higher status level after the end of this promotion if you meet one of the published qualification requirements for Premier status. Members who earn Premier status through this offer are not eligible to participate in the status match offer with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® and Marriott Rewards® through RewardsPlus.
8. Participation does not guarantee Premier status.
9. All flight activity must be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account in order to qualify for the promotion. Flights must be in Polaris Business, eligible for Premier Qualifying Dollar credit and booked in one of the following fare classes: J, C, D, Z, P (all revenue fare classes). Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits, do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer. Offer may be earned for a maximum of one time and is not combinable with other offers.
10. Offer is subject to cancellation or change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
11. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final.Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.comwebsite and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.