Marriott Rewards & Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) programs had separate status match & fast track programs that were combined under the Marriott Bonvoy
Marriott Bonvoy members can sign up Gold & Platinum status fast tracks that don’t require the member to be an elite with any hotel loyalty program.
You can access Marriott Bonvoy here.
If you don’t have Marriott Bonvoy account yet, you should sign up using the promotion below that allows you to earn a free night award after two stays:
The current Gold & Platinum challenge is valid through 2021 or until Marriott Bonvoy decides to modify or withdraw it.
- The month you sign up + the following three months.
- Only paid stays now qualify (awards are not included)
Status During Challenge:
- Applying for the challenge itself doesn’t change the status that you have (Base, Silver or Gold) until you have successfully completed it.
Previous Status Requirement:
- None. You don’t need to have any status with Marriott Bonvoy or any other hotel loyalty program.
- GOLD: You need to complete 8 nights during the qualification period.
- PLATINUM: You need to complete 16 nights during the qualification period.
- You can request the challenge by contacting Marriott Bonvoy customer care by calling or sending them a message.
Note that you should request the fast track sign up preferably online for you to have a written confirmation of it.
When Status Is Upgraded?
- You can expect to have the new Marriott Bonvoy Gold or Platinum status within 48 hours after your qualifying stays have posted.
How Often Status Fast Track Is Possible?
- Marriott Bonvoy allows members to sign up for Gold or Platinum fast track once every three years whether the previews one was successful or not.
There isn’t much point doing the Gold challenge (this status comes with most Amex Platinum cards) due to lack of benefits such as breakfast, lounge access and space available suite upgrades.
Marriott Rewards allowed members to sometimes qualify for their challenges based on stays but this is no longer available. Your only option now is to qualify based on nights.