Part of the launch was the reciprocal status matches/fast track based on status with Hyatt or American Airlines. You must sign up for the AAdvantage one by today (September 30) and Hyatt one tomorrow (October 1).
You can link your World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage accounts here.
Here’s the offer for Hyatt Globalists:
Here’s what American Airlines offers for its status members:
American Airlines Concierge Key members will get status match to Globalist status through 2021. You need to register for these offers by October 1, 2019.
Here’s the info about American Airlines Platinum & Platinum Pro status match:
- Register by October 1, 2019 to receive Explorist status for 90 days.
- Stay ten qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within 90 days of registration to maintain Explorist status through February 28, 2021 and earn 4 Club Lounge Access Awards.
Explorist benefits include:
- 2:00 PM late checkout upon request
- Upgrade to best room available, excluding suites
- Guaranteed room availability 72 hours in advance of arrival
- Week of Wellbeing at Exhale Spa
There is separate fast track offer for Executive Platinum members that can earn Globalist status after 20 nights during the 90 day period.
The benefit that I have received from this partnership are the extra AAdvantage miles for each of my Hyatt stay.
The partnership is more beneficial for elite AAdvantage members that don’t have hotel status (are there an?) or elite World of Hyatt members without preferred airline partner.