Hyatt and Small Luxury Hotels of the World started a partnership in December 2018 (read more here) that allows World of Hyatt members to earn and use their points at select hotels and have limited benefits.
This partnership has now extended to more than 250 properties as Hyatt yesterday added more than 40 hotels to their selection.
You can access Hyatt’s Small Luxury Hotels of the World page here.
Here’s a map of the participating hotels:
Here are the limited World of Hyatt benefits:
- 5 Base Points per eligible USD 1 spent
- Complimentary continental breakfast for two
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Early check-in 12:00 pm (based on availability at check-in)
- Late check-out 2:00 pm (based on availability at check-in)
- One category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in)
- Nights count toward elite tier status
- Elite members receive their standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room rates (10% Discoverist, 20% Explorist, 30% Globalist)
Word of warning:
These SLH hotels are often 20% to 50% more expensive than boomed directly with SLH (they have loyalty program as well) or through an OTA.
You have to keep in mind that you can usually (every time I have looked at) book Small Luxury Hotels of The World much cheaper on their own website or an OTA.
You pay anywhere 20% to 50% premium for getting World of Hyatt stay credit and some points when booking these hotels on Hyatt’s website.
This partnership makes more sense for those members that wish to redeem their points at locations where there are no real Hyatt hotels.