Nordic Choice’s purchase of Kämp Collection Hotels in Finland was approved by the competition authorities yesterday, and the deal also closed on that date.
Nordic Choice won’t waste any time as all these ten hotels will become their loyalty program participating (earning and likely burning too) effective November 1, 2019.
You can access Nordic Choice here.
Here are the Kamp Collection hotels in Finland:
- Hotel Kämp (Leading Hotels of the World)
- Hotel Lilla Roberts
- Hotel Haven
- Hotel St. George (Design Hotels – Marriott Bonvoy)
- Hotel Fabian
- Klaus K Hotel (Design Hotels – Marriott Bonvoy)
- GLO Hotel Airport (GHA Discovery)
- GLO Hotel Kluuvi (GHA Discovery)
- GLO Hotel Art (GHA Discovery)
- GLO Hotel Sello (GHA Discovery)
It is unclear what will happen to Leading Hotels of the World, Marriott Bomvoy, and GHA Discovery participation. When Nordic Choice took over Hilton Copenhagen airport, it was soon converted to Clarion and ended up participation with Honors.
This is potentially a massive blow to Marriott Bonvoy that would lose two of its three Helsinki hotels. I have extensively stayed at the Klaus K and a few times at the Kämp when it was part of SPG’s Luxury Collection.
I have requested clarification from both Kämp Collection and Marriott if changes are coming to their Design Hotels and Bonvoy participation.