American Express has today unveiled the long-rumored refresh for its iconic Green Card that is now also called Green from Amex and comes with a $150 yearly membership fee.
Green from Amex offers $100 annual credit towards CLEAR membership, $100 statement credit per calendar year for purchase made through LoungeBuddy, and triple Membership Rewards points on travel including Amextravel and OTAs, transit and restaurants.
You can access Amex page for Green here.
Brief history of Green from Amex:
Here are the main features:
- 3X Membership Rewards points on travel, transit and global restaurants
- Get through security faster – whether that’s at the airport or in major stadiums across the country – with $100 towards annual CLEAR membership
- Relax at the airport – with up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year when you purchase LoungeBuddy access. That’s at least two complimentary lounge passes each year
- As a limited time offer, new Card Members who apply by January 15, 2020, will also receive a $100 statement credit towards any purchases with Away made within the first 3 months of membership
- New Card Members can also earn 30,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $2,000 on eligible purchases in the first three months of membership
The yearly fee went up by $55 with added benefits.LoungeBuddy and CLEAR benefits can be valuable and offset the cost for some.
I believe that the last Green Amex that I had was the 2005 one (on the animation above), and I have one Platinum account with them.