IHG Rewards Club launched the last PointBreaks hotels back on August 26 (read more here) that are valid for bookings (whatever is left) until October 31, 2019.
Readers have already emailed us, and we have tried to get confirmation from IHG as to when the new PointBreals are out. The most common schedule is that they are released for bookings on the last Monday of the month when the previous list expires.
You can access IHG’s page for PointBreaks here.
There have been a couple of times when PointBreaks have not been released on Monday but Tuesday, like the last time on May 28.
My best-educated guess is that the new PointBreaks will go live at noon on Monday (or Tuesday), although we have not received confirmation from IHG.
We will have a post up as soon as the new PointBreaks have been released.
Here are some things that you should consider when booking PointBreaks hotels:
- You are only allowed to make two reservations using PointBreaks rate per each hotel according to the terms and conditions. Each of the bookings can be for as many days as you want, or the award availability exists.
- The booking window for the new PointBreaks will open at noon ET per IHG (previous few rounds).
- You should be firm on the dates, as you can no longer modify the reservation(s) once the hotel has dropped off from the PointBreaks list or the award inventory is gone. You can usually shorten your stay and get the points back for the nights you didn’t use, however.
- Once the PointBreaks allocation has been used, the hotel will become available for awards at their usual point requirement level.
- The hotel cannot see what kind of award you have used (they book into regular award inventory). They get the same reimbursement for PointBreaks as they get for regular award nights.
- PointBreaks book into the regular award inventory. If there are no awards available now, there won’t be PointBreaks either unless someone cancels their reservation.
- The more popular PointBreaks hotels tend to get their award inventory exhausted within a couple of hours after going live.
Here are the previous PointBreaks (some of them still available):
So, most likely, they will go out tomorrow on Monday. We usually get advance notice at least about the date and time, but this time around haven’t (at least not yet). I have been in contact with IHG.
I was able to use a couple of PB nights this time at the InterContinental Sao Paulo that was a good value at 15,000 points per night considering the rates they charge.
We will monitor the situation (as we always do) and will have a post up when we have new information