Marriott Bonvoy members can earn points for food and beverage spend at Marriott affiliated hotels even when not staying (you get more if you are and charge to your room). You earn at the rate of 10 points per USD (excluding taxes and service charges + alcohol where prohibited).
Participating properties and restaurants in Asia-Pacific have sweetened this offer by offering up to 20% discount (30% in Greater China until the end of 2019).
House of Sathorn
We decided to have dinner at this former Russian Embassy building that is part of the W Bangkok hotel.
We chose a set menu with additional beverages. The 20% Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador/Cobalt discount was taken off of the entire bill and covered the service charge and sales tax.
The Marriott Bonvoy number (changed on the photo above) was recorded on the receipt, and then the wait began. I thought that the points would never post, but they eventually did after three weeks.
Previously, SPG properties recorded the F&B spend using separate charge slips that often were not properly credited. I am not sure if the process is now automated or manual procedures are still required. There must be some issues with crediting, however, because it certainly shouldn’t take three weeks.
You don’t earn elite bonus, or these credited points, at least per the T&Cs, won’t count towards your Ambassador spend. If I had charged these to a room, there would have been an elite bonus and spend aspect too.
The House of Sathorn space itself was very nicely done, and I may throw a party or cocktail event for friends at some point in the upstairs area.
Here are the terms and conditions of this dining program:
Terms and Conditions – Member exclusive dining privilege in Asia Pacific
- Year-round savings of up to 20% and points on the eligible food and beverage charges (the “Offer”) is applicable to all Marriott Bonvoy™ Members with or without a stay in a guest room. Membership is free. To become a Marriott Bonvoy Member, visit http://www.joinmarriottbonvoy.com/apbenefitsw/s/EN-GB
- The Offer is valid in restaurants located within or adjacent to properties participating in Marriott Bonvoy which include The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection®, W® Hotels, JW Marriott®, Marriott Hotels®, Sheraton®, Delta HotelsTM, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Tribute PortfolioTM, Courtyard by Marriott®, Four Points®, Fairfield by Marriott® and Aloft® across Asia Pacific. Visit marriottbonvoyasia.com for full list of participating restaurants.
- Participating restaurants may change participation at any time, with or without notice.
- Members and Silver Elite receive 10% discount; Gold Elite receive 15% discount; Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite receive 20% discount on food and beverages at participating hotel restaurants and bars. Discount is applied to qualifying dining spending over $10 U.S. dollar.
- Discount is not applicable to breakfast. Breakfast may be defined differently by venue. Please contact the restaurant directly for any questions on how breakfast is defined.
- Discount excludes applicable corkage fee, cake cutting fee, service charges, taxes and gratuities (and alcoholic beverage where prohibited by law). Service charges and taxes will be charged on retail prices.
- Discount is not applicable for seasonal menu, festive products (e.g. Mooncake, Christmas Hampers), takeaway, deliveries, minibar, in-room dining, private dining room, contracted groups and events and outdoor catering bookings held in catering venues or any booking in restaurant which is more than 10 pax. Only one Membership card may be used per party/table per group.
- Discount must be requested in the restaurant at the time of settling the bill, even if applying charges to one’s room; cannot be applied at the front desk.
- Blackout dates will be at the discretion of the restaurant management (e.g. Chinese New Year, Christmas Eve)
POINTS EARNING FOR MEMBERS WITHOUT A STAY IN A GUEST ROOM
- Points on the eligible food and beverage charges are awarded to Members who have not booked to stay at the hotel where the restaurant resides during the same date and is applicable in conjunction with the Member dining discounts, Points are awarded on eligible dollars spent after the discount has been applied.
- Members earn 10 points for every U.S. dollar according to their discounted food and beverage bill
- Minimum spend of $10 U.S. dollar (after discount) to qualify for earning. Corkage fee, cake cutting fee, taxes, gratuities, service charges (and alcoholic beverage where prohibited by law) are not included in either the minimum, nor the earn calculation.
- Elite bonus Points will not be awarded on charges incurred by Members without a stay in a guest room.
- Miles will not be awarded on charges incurred by Members without a stay in a guest room. Members who are currently earning miles can change their earning preference by updating their Membership profile or by contacting Member Support prior to the visit.
- Not applicable for festive products (e.g. Mooncake, Christmas Hampers), takeaway, deliveries, contracted groups and events, and outdoor catering bookings held in catering venues.
- It may take up to 7 business days after each patronage for point to be posted. If after 7 business days, Members do not see the points in their accounts, please contact Member Support.
POINTS EARNING FOR MEMBERS WITH A STAY IN A GUEST ROOM
- Points, including Elite Bonus Points, or miles will be awarded to Members with a stay in a guest room and bill their food and beverage charges to their room. Points are awarded on eligible dollars spent after the discount has been applied.
- For details, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi.
Prior reservations at participating restaurants are encouraged but not compulsory.
Members can only enjoy the discount and earn points by paying the bill in person. Membership cards must be presented physically or on their Marriott Bonvoy Mobile App upon bill settlement. Valid payment methods include cash settlement, credit card or debit card on which their names should match with the registered Membership records. In-room settlement is also accepted for Members with a stay in a guest room.
Discount and points will not be awarded for the value settled by voucher; not applicable in conjunction with additional restaurant or hotel specific promotions including Club Marriott (except Club Marriott members who is also Marriott Bonvoy members are eligible earn Marriott Bonvoy points in participating hotels in China) or credit card offers.
Any queries on discount calculation and points earning must be raised immediately upon bill settlement at the restaurant. No amendment will be made thereafter.
Offer is non-exchangeable, non-cashable and non-transferrable.
All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. Visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for complete details.
In case of dispute, hotel reserves the right to make the final decision as permitted under the applicable laws.