Accor has today announced its status extension policy for ALL members residing in Greater China (Mainland, Hong Kong, Macao & Taiwan).
Accor Live Limitless member statuses (Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond) are extended through December 31, 2021. Points and upgrade certificate expiry dates are pushed up.
You can access Accor here.
Here’s our post about hotel status extensions:
Here’s the announcement:
Due to the COVID-19 virus and its negative impact on travel plans, Accor would like to offer an extension of status, rewards points and benefits for ALL – Accor Live Limitless members to ensure that members residing in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR or Taiwan, China can continue to enjoy their benefits.
Below policy is exclusive for Greater China ALL – Accor Live Limitless members with a registered address and residing in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR or Taiwan, China as of 15th February 2020
· Accor Live Limitless Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond members whose status expires on 31st December 2020, will have their membership status extended until 31st December 2021.
· Any ALL – Accor Live Limitless members’ rewards points with expiry between 01 February 2020 and 31 January 2021 will have their expiry halted and any expired points will be reinstated.
· Meanwhile, if a member completes one eligible stay before 31st January 2021, their rewards points will not expire for another 365 days after the most recent eligible expenditure stay
· Any Accor Live limitless Platinum and Diamond members’ Suite Night Upgrade not used before 31st December 2020, will have the validity extended until 31st December 2021, which aligns with the membership annual status validity date.
· The above updates will be completed as soon as possible and members can access the ALL official website (all.accor.com) or APP (Accor ALL), and check the “Account” page for your member status, rewards points and voucher expiry date.
Room cancellation policy
We are also reconfirming our existing policy and that we have also added South Korea to this cancellation scope in ASPAC
· Hotels will accept cancellations (without penalties) for individual travellers and groups for any guest planning to travel to Accor branded properties in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR China, Macau SAR, China, Taiwan, China or South Korea until 31st March 2020 regardless of the booking channel
· For any guest planning to travel from Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR China, Macau SAR China, Taiwan, China or South Korea to any Accor properties worldwide until 31st March 2020 regardless of the booking channel.
· For guests who booked through a travel agent, online booking platform or other third parties, they should contact their booking provider directly for assistance of cancellation.
Accor is closely monitoring the situation and will advise according to its evolution.
Accor here is following what Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Shangri-La have already announced in the past ten days.
The coronavirus is quickly spreading outside of Asia, and it wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with blanket status extensions after all is said and done.