AirAsia has launched an exciting product for members and those living in Kuala Lumpur that is available for purchase until March 7 and travel through March 2, 2021.
The airline is selling an AIRASIA UNLIMITED pass for merely 499 MYR ($119) that allows unlimited travel for a year on most long/medium-haul destinations from Kuala Lumpur.
You can access this offer on AirAsia’s website here.
Note that the following routes are excluded:
- Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar (Bali)
- Kuala Lumpur – Singapore
- Kuala Lumpur – Jeddah
Member must make the booking at minimum 14 days before the scheduled departure. Member can have up to 3 no-shows, after which the pass is forfeited.
The pass is valid on AirAsia X and AirAsia X Thailand flights for travel between Kuala Lumpur and Australia, India, China, Korea, and Japan.
Here’s a search I made for Kuala Lumpur – Tokyo:
The fees are rather reasonable. They do, however, get you on the packages if you need to check in a bag or want to F&B.
It is unclear what is the booking class of this AirAsia Unlimited Pass is. The fees for the city pair that I checked are reasonable (no fake fuel/carrier surcharges).
If this pass has reasonable availability and someone would like to visit any of the select eligible destinations more than once, buying IT could make a sense.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
AirAsia Unlimited Pass
- The AirAsia Unlimited Pass is available for BIG Members within Malaysia who are at least 12 years of age on the date of departure and the passenger must be the BIG Member who made the booking. Each AirAsia Unlimited Pass is assigned to one (1) passenger only with one (1) BIG Member account. For the avoidance of doubt, the AirAsia Unlimited Pass is not available for children aged below 12 on the date of departure.
- The AirAsia Unlimited Pass is not available to be purchased by travel agencies or any parties other than individual BIG Members. In the event any travel agency or party other than an individual BIG Member purchased the AirAsia Unlimited Pass and subsequently made flight bookings using the AirAsia Unlimited Pass, AirAsia shall have the right to cancel/forfeit such AirAsia Unlimited Pass and the flight bookings, without any liability on the part of AirAsia to such agency, third party or any passenger.
- The AirAsia Unlimited Pass cannot be sold, bartered, assigned or transferred to another person. Any attempt to transfer the AirAsia Unlimited Pass or book travel using the AirAsia Unlimited Pass for someone other than the holder of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass will result in immediate forfeiture of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- The AirAsia Unlimited Pass is only available to be purchased by BIG Members on www.airasia.com and AirAsia mobile application.
- Upon purchasing the AirAsia Unlimited Pass, the passenger shall have the right to book and fly on AirAsia X and Thai AirAsia X flights to Australia, India, China, Korea and Japan for an unlimited number of times, subject to full and final payment of any applicable airport charges, taxes and regulatory fees, or other charges.
- No BIG Points will be given for the purchase of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass. Use of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass will not earn any BIG Points, and flights flown using the AirAsia Unlimited Pass will not count towards any offers or bonuses. Redemption of BIG Points is also not allowed for the purchase of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- When purchasing the AirAsia Unlimited Pass, passengers must ensure their details in the BIG Member account (i.e. name and date of birth) are as per passport or identity card. These details will be used for booking during the redemption process.
- The AirAsia Unlimited Pass is non-refundable.
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass Purchase Period: 29/02/2020 – 07/03/2020
- Travel Period: Travel before 02/03/2021
- The purchase dates and travel dates of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass are based on Malaysia local time (GMT+8).
- The Purchase Period and Travel Period of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass shall not be extended. Redemption of flight for departure earlier than the applicable Travel Period or later than the applicable Travel Period is not allowed.
- For the avoidance of doubt, no refund will be given for any unutilised AirAsia Unlimited Pass purchased.
Redeeming the AirAsia Unlimited Pass
- The AirAsia Unlimited Pass cannot be redeemed offline at airport ticket counters, call centres or through travel agents.
- Passengers must log in to the BIG Member account to redeem the AirAsia Unlimited Pass on www.airasia.com/deals or AirAsia mobile application.
- Prior to redemption of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass, the passenger shall ensure his details in the BIG Member account are correct. No name change is allowed once the first booking has been made.
- A promo code will be provided for each booking under the AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- Each promo code under the AirAsia Unlimited Pass can be redeemed for round trip flights, subject to seat availability. For example, in the event a passenger purchases a return ticket, if the seat is not available on the return flight, the discounted fare generated via the promo code will only apply to one way of the journey. Passengers would need to pay the full fare as displayed on the website for the return journey. For the avoidance of doubt, passengers may also redeem the AirAsia Unlimited Pass for one way flights.
- Redemptions are only valid for the base fare and do not include ancillaries, add-ons, airport charges, taxes and regulatory fees, or other charges, if any, which shall be payable by the passenger at the time of booking.
- Redemptions are only valid for Point-to-Point routes and exclude FLY-THRU routes.
- The AirAsia Unlimited Pass is redeemable only on AirAsia X and Thai AirAsia X flights bearing Carrier Code D7 and XJ, respectively, EXCEPT for the AirAsia X routes below (in both directions):
- Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar (Bali)
- Kuala Lumpur – Singapore
- Kuala Lumpur – Jeddah
- Booking of flights under the AirAsia Unlimited Pass must be made at least fourteen (14) days before the flight departure date.
- Flight redemption is limited and subject to seat availability. A seat may not be available on every flight or day, e.g. due to high demand at times such as weekends, public holidays, school holidays, etc. The AirAsia Unlimited Pass does not guarantee availability on any particular flight. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice or liability to the holder of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- Passengers are allowed to book up to two (2) flights for travel on the same day. No multiple bookings for travel on the same day from the same origin are allowed. Any such bookings are subject to immediate cancellation.
- Passengers are allowed up to three (3) no-shows. In the event a passenger exceeds the number of no-shows permitted, AirAsia shall have the right to cancel/forfeit their AirAsia Unlimited Pass, without any liability on the part of AirAsia.
- AirAsia shall not be responsible or liable for any damages incurred or suffered by the passenger including but not limited to the following circumstances:
- The passenger’s purchase, redemption and/or use of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass;
- The passenger’s inability to redeem the AirAsia Unlimited Pass due to inaccurate passenger details;
- The passenger’s inability to use the AirAsia Unlimited Pass due to lost or misplaced password; or
- Unauthorized use of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- Passengers are responsible for obtaining and must possess and have available for presentation as required by the relevant authorities all entry and/or exit, health and other documents required by law, regulations, order, demands or requirements of the countries flown from, into or over.
Confirmation of redemption/booking
- Flight booking is confirmed after full payment for the flight is made.
- Once the AirAsia Unlimited Pass has been successfully redeemed and booking is confirmed, no changes are allowed to be made to any flight booked using the AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- In the event a passenger’s scheduled flight is cancelled, terminated, diverted, postponed, rescheduled or delayed before the passenger has reached his final destination as a result of a flight cancellation, AirAsia-caused missed connection, flight delay, or omission of a scheduled stop due to circumstances beyond AirAsia’s control or for reasons of safety or commercial reasons, AirAsia shall at its discretion, either:
- carry you at the earliest opportunity on another AirAsia flight on which space is available at no charge; or
- refund check-in baggage, meals or seat selections purchased and airport charges/taxes paid.
- In the event of no show, AirAsia will refund airport charges/taxes paid only.
- *Voluntary Refund for flights departing from/arriving in/transferring through the Republic of Korea:
- In the event a passenger requests for a refund of his flight within 91 days prior to the date of departure, a refund will be provided in the form of promo codes with no cash involvement. Passenger may proceed to make a new booking in accordance with these Terms and Conditions using the new promo code.
- The AirAsia Unlimited Pass cannot be combined with any other offers or exchanged for cash or any other products in kind.
- AirAsia has the right to reject any claims that do not conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event AirAsia detects unusual, irregular, suspicious, unauthorized, fraudulent activity on the purchase or redemption of any AirAsia Unlimited Pass, AirAsi]a shall have the right to cancel/forfeit such AirAsia Unlimited Pass purchased and subsequently cancel any flight booking made using such AirAsia Unlimited Pass without any liability on the part of AirAsia to any passenger.
- These Terms and Conditions will prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional materials regarding the AirAsia Unlimited Pass. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms in these Terms and Conditions and the AirAsia’s Terms & Conditions of Carriage (https://www.airasia.com/my/en/about-us/terms-and-conditions.page), these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- AirAsia reserves the right at its absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions and/or withdraw the AirAsia Unlimited Pass, or substitute or replace the AirAsia Unlimited Pass with another product or program of equivalent value from time to time without any prior notice.
- By purchasing and utilizing the AirAsia Unlimited Pass, the passenger agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as well as AirAsia’s Conditions of Carriage as may be amended from time to time.
- The passenger agrees to hold harmless, defend and fully indemnify AirAsia from and against all losses (including loss of opportunity and consequential loss arising therewith), damages, expenses and all third party actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs (including without prejudice to the generality of this provision, the legal cost of each other, personal injuries, death, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation), awards and damages that may arise as a result of the use purchase of this AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by laws of Malaysia and all disputes relating to the AirAsia Unlimited Pass are subject to exclusive jurisdiction of courts in Kuala Lumpur.
Here are the frequently asked questions:
- What is AirAsia Unlimited Pass?AirAsia Unlimited Pass allows you to redeem unlimited point-to-point long haul AirAsia X flights*.
*flights over 4 hours and only with the carrier code D7 (AirAsia X) and XJ (Thai AirAsia X), excluding flights to Singapore, Denpasar (Bali) and Jeddah. Pass is a bundle that guests can purchase which allows them to redeem unlimited long haul AirAsia flights until 14 February 2021.
- What is a point-to-point flight?A point-to-point flight is a direct flight without any connecting flight (Fly-Thru).
- When can I purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass?You can purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass from 29 February 2020, 12:01PM (GMT+8) to 7 March 2020, 11:59PM (GMT+8).
- When should I make a flight booking using AirAsia Unlimited Pass?Once you purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass, you can use the promo code to book flights on AirAsia.com or the AirAsia App. Your booking must be made at least 14 days before the departure date and the last available booking date will be 16 Feb 2021.
- When is the travel period?You can select flights till 2 March 2021.
- Are AirAsia Unlimited Pass promo codes applicable to all routes?The promo code is applicable to long haul flights* with carrier code D7 (AirAsia X) & XJ (Thai AirAsia X) only.
*Excluding flights to Bali, Singapore, Jeddah and Fly-thru routes.
*Embargo period applies. AirAsia flight redemptions are limited and may not be available on all flights during public holidays, school breaks and weekends.
- Are there any fees and charges that I will need to bear for flight redemptions made using the AirAsia Unlimited Pass?Flight redemptions using the AirAsia Unlimited Pass are only valid for the base fare and do not include optional add-ons, airport charges, taxes and regulatory fees, or other charges, if any, which shall be payable by the passenger at the time of booking.
- How can I redeem a flight in AirAsia Unlimited Pass?
- Visit www.airasia.com/deals or the AirAsia App and click on the ‘Deals’ tab
- Must log in with your BIG Member account
- Click on ‘My Purchases’ and the AirAsia Unlimited Pass
- Click on ‘APPLY NOW’ to apply your unique promo code, and then land on the flight search widget on airasia.com
- Search for flights
- Choose flights marked ‘100% off’ which is applicable under this pass
- Make payment to complete your booking
- Enjoy your deal!
- What if my BIG Member does not match my travel documents/passport?You will need to modify your given name and surname at https://www.airasia.com/member/myaccount#profile before you make any booking or redemption. Upon first redemption, you will not be allowed to change your name.
- Can I book flights for other passengers using my AirAsia Unlimited Pass?AirAsia Unlimited Pass is tied to your individual BIG Membership. You can only book for yourself and cannot select multiple passengers when making a booking using the AirAsia Unlimited Pass promo codes.
- Can I book multiple flights on the same day?Yes, you can book up to two (2) flights for travel on the same day. However, multiple bookings for the same travel day from the same origin of departure are not allowed.
- What happens if I missed my flight?You are allowed a total of 3 no-shows. Once you’ve exceeded this amount, AirAsia reserves the right to cancel/forfeit your AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- Can I buy AirAsia Unlimited Pass as a gift?No, the Buy As A Gift option is not applicable on AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- Can anyone purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass?AirAsia Unlimited Pass is available for all BIG Members within Malaysia. Passengers must be 12 years and above on the day of departure to travel.
- Can I earn & redeem BIG Points when I purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass?No, you can’t earn & redeem BIG Points when you purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- Is my purchase of AirAsia Unlimited Pass transferable and refundable?No, the purchase of AirAsia Unlimited Pass is non-transferable and non-refundable.