Alaska Airlines has launched a new elite qualifying miles bonus for Mileage Plan member travel between March 7 – April 11, 2020.
Mileage Plan members earn 50% elite qualifying miles bonus for flights flown after registering for this offer.
You can register for this offer on Alaska’s website here.
Here’s the information on Alaska’s website:
Here’s how the offer works:
- Register your Mileage Plan number prior to your first qualifying flight.
- Book and travel on any Alaska Airlines flight by April 11, 2020.
- Earn 50% more elite-qualifying miles.
- Celebrate being closer to that next level!
The sweeter rewards of elite status include:
- Two checked bags for you and companions on the same reservation
- Priority boarding
- Complimentary upgrades when available*
- Bonus miles on base miles earned
- Access to preferred seating and dedicated customer service phone lines
Plus, there’s never been a better time to be an elite. Earn status in 2020 so you’ll be ready to take advantage of expanded American Airlines and oneworld® perks starting summer 2021.**
This is the first coronavirus-driven elite qualifying miles opportunity among the US airlines and certainly won’t be the last.
Alaska Airlines here is trying to get members to book more travel, but I am not convinced if offering elite qualifying miles during the coronacraze will drive any additional bookings. Good offer nevertheless for Mileage Plan members that are flying on the airline through April 11, 2020.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
Eligible members who register for this promotion before their first qualifying flight will receive a 50% bonus on elite qualifying miles earned on flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines or Horizon Airlines between March 7 and April 11, 2020. Mileage for qualifying flights must be credited to the member’s Mileage Plan account. Not valid on free or award travel. The bonus elite-qualifying miles awarded as part of this promotion apply only to the number of miles that count toward elite status qualification and will not be available for redemption. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan program apply.