Radisson Hotels has changed its COVID-19 reservation cancellation and refund policies for WORSE effective March 31, 2020.
Radisson is allowing free modification or cancellation (NO REFUNDS) for all existing and new reservations for stays through June 30, 2020.
You can access Radisson’s page for coronavirus here.
Here’s the coronavirus cancellation policy:
Our cancellation policy
We are constantly updating our global cancellation policy to reflect the most recent developments related to COVID-19 and any official travel or meeting restrictions or, quarantine or lockdown measurements announced by governments worldwide. Our aim is to offer you as much flexibility and planning comfort as possible.
The current cancellation policy covers:
– Free modifications or free cancellations for all existing and new reservations (in all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide) for stays until June 30, 2020
– Please note that any modification to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate difference
– If a deposit has been paid for an existing reservation, we will credit you the full amount for you to redeem on your next reservation, at the same property, until March 31, 2021
– New reservations made between April 1 and June 30, 2020, for any future arrival date (all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide) can be changed or canceled at no charge, up to 24 hours before the arrival date. This includes reservations with the advanced purchase rates described as noncancelable
– Guests who made reservations via online travel agents or third-party travel professionals are advised to contact them directly for information on their policies
– For reservations after June 30, 2020, our normal cancellation policy will apply
Leisure Groups, Business Groups and Meeting & Events:
– Free cancellations on existing and new reservations and/or meetings & events until June 30, 2020, (in all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide) if the meeting/event cannot be rebooked to a later date. Any modifications to any existing reservation are subject to availability and any rate difference
– If a deposit has been paid for an existing reservation, we will credit you the full amount (less already incurred costs) for the customer to redeem on their next reservation, at the same property, until March 31, 2021
– Groups who made reservations via third-party meeting organizers are advised to contact them directly for any adjustments
– Arrivals/meetings & events after June 30, 2020, our normal cancellation policy will apply
Separate piece about points and status expiration change:
Radisson’s latest update is for worse as they now merely offer you IOU’s for cancellations (hotel credits) rather than REFUNDS.
If the hotel where you have a stay coming up is not open, you can obviously ask for a full refund or do a credit card chargeback for services not provided as charged.