U.S. Travel Association, whose mission is to promote travel within and to the United States, has traditionally run a promotion yearly called Daily Getaways.
Daily Getaways has allowed the public to purchase points, gift cards, hotel stays, and park tickets at a discounted price for five weeks in the spring.
You can access Daily Getaways here.
U.S. Travel Association has now decided to reschedule the Daily Getaways from later this month to sometime in the fall. The date is currently unclear.
The preview this spring was supposed to come out on April 20, and the events itself was going to begin on April 27.
You see what Daily Getaways offered back in 2019 below:
- U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways 2019 Week 1: IHG Rewards Club & Wyndham Rewards
- U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways 2019 Week 2: Choice Privileges
- U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways 2019 Week 3: Best Western Rewards & Orbitz
- U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways 2019 Week 4: Hertz, Marriott & Fairmont
- U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways 2019 Week 5: World Of Hyatt & Hilton Honors
Daily Getaways have traditionally offered members to buy Hilton Honors, Best Western Rewards, Choice Privileges, World of Hyatt, and IHG Rewards Club points and, Marriott Bonvoy and other gift cards at a discount.
The deals were excellent in the early 2010s but only passable lately. Perhaps it would make sense for the U.S. Travel Association to either reinvent or discontinue this program?