Thai Airways has launched the “Stay Home – Miles Exchange” offer for Royal Orchid Plus members in Thailand.
Members earn a mile every four hours when staying within 100 meters of their home or designed point. This offer runs through May 23, 2020, or when 1,000,000 miles have been awarded.
You can access this offer on Thai’s website here.
Here are the instructions from Thai:
1. Download THAI Stay Home Miles Exchange App at Bit.ly/THAIStayHomeApp from 24th April 2020 for Android, or from 27th for iOS
2. Click “Start” button on entry page and turn on location service.
3. Find and mark your home location. Once marked, you cannot change the location.
4. Confirm to start collecting miles. The system will alert you when leaving outside the 100 metres radius from the marked location. If you leave outside the 100 metres radius, the system will pause collecting miles.
5. For Android users, the campaign ends on 23th May 2020, or when the total number of 500,000 miles run out. For iOS users, the campaign ends on 26th May 2020 or when the total number of 500,000 miles run out.
6. After the campaign ends or when the rewarded miles run out, participants must fill first-last name and the membership number which exactly match with Royal Orchid Plus profile via the application form and provide mobile telephone number or e-mail address by 7th June 2020 for Android users or by 10th June 2020 for iOS users.
7. The system will transfer collected miles to your Royal Orchid Plus account by 10th July 2020.
This is an easy way for Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus members to earn some miles. It makes you wonder what other information this app may be collecting beyond your location?
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1. “THAI Stay Home Miles Exchange” campaign comprises of total 1,000,000 Royal Orchid Plus miles as a reward for the entire campaign period.
– For Android users: Total 500,000 miles will be rewarded.
– For iOS users: Total 500,000 miles will be rewarded.
2. Campaign period:
– For Android users: The period starts from 24th April to 23th May 2020 or until campaign’s miles run out.
– For iOS users: The period starts from 27th April – 26th May 2020 or until campaign’s miles run out.
3. To participate the campaign and collect miles, you have 1 right and 1 device under your own Royal Orchid Plus account. Participants must be a resident of Thailand. Miles cannot be transferred to others.
4. Participants must download THAI Stay Home Miles Exchange and set home location. The application rewards 1 mile for every 4 hours spent within the 100 metres radius from home location. The rewarded miles cannot be used for membership tier evaluation.
5. To earn miles, participants must fill in full name and membership number which are exactly match with Royal Orchid Plus profile via the THAI Stay Home Miles Exchange Application by 7th June 2020 for Android users or by 10th June 2020 for iOS users, otherwise all collected miles will be forfeited.
6. THAI reserves the right not to reward miles as a result of any incorrect information provided.
7. Collected miles will be transferred to Royal Orchid Plus accounts by 10th July 2020. Miles cannot be exchanged for cash.
8. In case of dispute, all decisions made by THAI shall be final.