Hotels have been launching exciting offers to drive business to their properties during these challenging times due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Fairmont hotel in Dubai has an excellent offer for those living in GCC-countries. You can get the AED 500 room rate back in F&B credits. The offer is valid for stays through October 3, 2020.
You can access this offer on Fairmont’s website here.
Note that you must be a resident in the GCC to be eligible for this rate plan. I am not sure if there is an issue on Fairmont’s website, as I was not able to pull it up on several dates that I checked.
Hotels need to come up with attractive offers for locals because there is no business from tourists when travel and arrival bans are in place.
I remember seeing similar offers such as this back in the late 2000s right after and during the financial crisis.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Accommodation in a luxuriously appointed Fairmont Room
- Complimentary daily AED 500 resort credit valid across all open outlets and in-house hotel services
- Walking distance to newly opened Nakheel Mall
- Complimentary Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club access during the stay once open by government directives
- Access to extensive private beach with stunning Arabian Gulf and Marina skyline views, 2 km beachside boardwalk and 4 temperature-controlled swimming pools once open by government directives
- Between Tuesday, April 28, 2020 and Saturday, October 3, 2020
Inclusive of 7% municipality fee, 10% service charge, 5% VAT
Subject to Tourism Dirham fee of AED 20 per room, per night
A limited number of Fairmont Rooms have been allocated for this promotion
Flexible cancellation policy
Other room types are available with a supplement
Credit card must be used during the stay, has no cash value and is not transferable
GCC Resident ID required to avail the promotion
Subject to availability and black out dates apply