Marriott has brought back its popular promotion of buying its gift cards at a discount (used to be a bonus).
Marriott is selling its $50, $100, $250, $500, and $1,000 USD electronic gift cards at 20% off through May 17, 2020, or until supplied last.
You can access Marriott’s page for buying gift cards here.
Note that you cannot use Marriott gift cards at Bulgari, Design Hotel, Homes & Villas, and Ritz-Carlton Destination Club properties. You can buy up to $5,000 worth of gift cards per person per credit card per day (basically unlimited).
You cannot use gift cards for stays that require prepayment. You also cannot use them to guarantee the stay (you can always settle the stay at the time of checking in and then use a credit card for incidentals).
All other brands accept them:
I used to buy Marriott’s gift cards back in the day (years ago) when they came with a 10% bonus around Christmas.
If you have stays coming up at Marriott affiliated hotels that don’t require prepayments, this is an excellent way of saving another 20%.
Here are the terms and conditions of the offer:
Marriott’s GiftCard promotion is limited to eGiftCards in denominations of $50, $100, $250, $500 and $1,000 (United States Dollars). Offer is valid from May 11 through May 17 while supplies last.
- Marriott GiftCards may be used at Hotels operating under the following Marriott brands and at participating retail, spa, golf and food and beverage outlets:
- AC Hotels by Marriott®, Aloft®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Courtyard®, Delta Hotels and Resorts®, EDITION®, Element®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Gaylord Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Le Méridien®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Hotels®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Moxy Hotels , Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Renaissance® Hotels, Residence Inn®, Sheraton®, SpringHill Suites®, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, The Ritz-Carlton, The Ritz-Carlton Reserve® hotels, TownePlace Suites®, Tribute Portfolio™, W®, Westin®
- The following brands in the Marriott portfolio DO NOT accept Marriott GiftCards:
- Bvlgari Hotels and Resorts, Design Hotels™, Homes & Villas by Marriott International™, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club®, The Ritz-Carlton Residences.
- Marriott GiftCards and the Marriott Shop Retail Gift Cards may be redeemed on participating retail sites toward the purchase of Marriott retail branded merchandise:
- Marriott Hotels, shopmarriott.com; Courtyard Hotels, shopcourtyard.com; JW Hotels, curatedbyjw.com; Gaylord Hotels, gaylordhotelsstore.com; Renaissance Hotels, collectrenaissance.com; Fairfield Inn & Suites, shopfairfieldinn.com
- Card carries no value until activated. Card is a prepaid card, not a credit card or debit card, and is the property of and issued by MI Fulfillment Services, LLC.
- Card is available in United States Dollars only.
- Card does not expire.
- Card is not redeemable for cash in any amount except when otherwise required by applicable law.
- Card becomes inactive upon use of all card value.
- Card may not be used for deposit, advance purchase or to secure or confirm a reservation.
- Each transaction will be debited against card balance, if transaction exceeds balance, user must pay the difference.
- Lost, stolen or damaged cards will be replaced only if previously registered on gifts.marriott.com. Value of replaced card will equal balance on card at the time it was reported lost, stolen or damaged.
- To check card balance, visit gifts.marriott.com.
- For Customer Service call +1 800.442.6132 or email Gifts@marriott.com.