Qatar Airways has launched Travel With Confidence-campaign to give people more trust to buy airline tickets. The offers and options are valid for purchases through September 30, 2020.
Qatar’s tickets are now valid for two years. You can now have unlimited free changes and even change the destination (within 5,000 miles). You can also exchange your ticket to Qmiles or get a voucher with a 10% bonus. You can also choose a refund if Qatar cancels your flights.
You can access this offer on Qatar’s website here.
Here’s what Qatar offers to you:
- The swap to Qmiles includes base fare and all other non-tax charges such as YQ/YR or stopover. The conversion rate is 1 USD to 100 Qmiles (1 cent each).
- The future travel voucher is valid for 24 months from the date of issuance.
- The 10% bonus only applies to base fare (likely YQ/YR excluded).
- The Unlimited Changes sounds compelling but is likely just a credit that you can use towards a new purchase. It doesn’t say that you don’t have to pay a fare difference.
Qatar Airways has been very active, giving passengers confidence and options to book future travel in these unprecedented times.
It has been the lonely airline providing connectivity during Covid-19 through its hub in Doha that has stayed in business. In contrast, others such as Hong Kong, Singapore, and Dubai have been all closed for transit passengers.
My advice is to always opt for a refund in case of flight cancellations. It is easier to start fresh with a new booking than drag credits or refunds from previous purchases that need you to contact the airline to complete the transaction.
The 1 US cent per Qmile sounds good too, but Privilege Club awards are costly.
Here are the terms and conditions of these offers:
- Valid for tickets issued on/before 30 September 2020.
- Valid for travel on/before 31 December 2020.
- Valid for any of Qatar Airways’ fares only purchased either directly from Qatar Airways or through travel agents.
- If you have booked your ticket through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent to amend your booking or exchange your ticket for a travel voucher.
- If you have booked your ticket on qatarairways.com or through any of our offices, you can re-book or exchange your ticket for a travel voucher by calling any of our offices or our Contact Center.
- Rebooking fees will be waived if reservations are amended before departure (for travel on/before 31 December 2020).
- Rerouting is possible from the same origin within 5,000 miles internationally at no additional charge
- The voucher is non–refundable and non-transferable and is valid for further transportation on Qatar Airways marketed flights only and/or Qatar Airways ancillary services.
- If your ticket is fully unused, the full equivalent amount will be issued on a non- refundable voucher valid for travel within 24 months from the date of the voucher issuance.
- If your ticket is partially used, the unutilized amount of your ticket will be reissued on a non-refundable travel voucher valid for two years from the date of voucher issuance.
- The 10% additional amount will be calculated on the unutilized base fare (taxes and all other applicable charges excluded) of the ticket originally paid and remains non-refundable.
- If your flight has been cancelled/disrupted: all applicable penalties shall be waived if cancellations are performed before departure.
- If your flight has not been cancelled/disrupted, any relevant penalties will be applied according to the applicable fare rules of the fare paid.
- Refund amount will be credited using the original form of payment used to purchase the ticket.
- Ticket can be refunded in Qmiles. 100 Qmiles for every USD 1 of the ticket value will be credited for to your Privilege Club membership card.
- All passengers in the same booking must be Privilege Club Members. If you are not yet a Privilege Club member, you can join Privilege Club, in accordance with the Privilege Club Terms and Conditions
- Children under age 12 can be enrolled as part of family member by any parent and mileage accrual will be posted to Main Member’s account
- Qmiles credited applies to refundable, as well as to non-refundable fares, Q and stopover surcharges and YQ, YR charges.
- Service fees and any other non-refundable charges will be excluded from the Qmiles credit
- If multiple passengers are in a booking, unique membership number (main/family) is required for Qmiles credit
- Following refund request is submitted, Qmiles will be added to the member account. This processes is irreversible.
Here are the Refund to Qmiles rules:
“Refund to Qmiles” applies:
a. Applies to refundable, as well as to non-refundable fares, Q and stopover surcharges and YQ, YR charges.
b. Applies to tickets issued by QR or travel agents presented for refund via our Website.
A request for “Refund to Qmiles” can be made via our Website by providing the following information: Privilege Club membership number, passenger name(s), booking reference, ticket number and email address. If you do not provide a Privilege Club membership number, we will not be able to process your request.
“Refund to Qmiles” is available until further notice by Qatar Airways.
a. The issue of refund to Qmiles is a voluntary service provided by Qatar Airways to which no entitlement exists under Qatar Airways Conditions of Carriage. You agree to disregard any prior or future EMD or refund requests for the specified booking.
b. All passengers in the same booking must be Privilege Club Members. If you are not yet a Privilege Club member, you can enroll for membership in the Privilege Club in accordance with the Privilege Club Terms and Conditions.
c. Children under age 12 can be enrolled as part of family member by any parent and mileage accrual will be posted to Main Member’s account. Infants are not eligible for mileage accrual.
d. Privilege Club Members will be refunded the unutilized refundable value of revenue tickets to Qmiles.
e. Qmiles are valid for three (3) years and will expire on the first Qmiles Expiry Date to fall after the three (3) year anniversary of the date that the Qmiles are credited to the Member’s account and are non-refundable once the request for refund to Qmiles is submitted.
f. The number of Qmiles exchanged will be at the rate of 100 Qmiles per USD 1 based on unutilized refundable ticket value (fare and unutilized refundable taxes) and after conversion from selling currency (shown in total box of the ticket) to USD at current BSR.
g. Service fees and any other non-refundable charges will be excluded from the Qmiles conversion.
h. The conversion of ticket to Qmiles is only will be carried out once the information provided and the underlying tickets have been verified by Qatar Airways.
i. Cancellation penalties will be waived for customers who opt to refund the ticket for receive Qmiles for future travel with Qatar Airways.
j. The Refund to Qmiles is name-based and Qmiles will be issued in the name of the passenger(s) in the Ticket.
k. The process of converting the ticket refund to Qmiles is irreversible.
l. Qmiles awarded may be used for any redemption services Qatar Airways Privilege Club offers within their validity.
a. If multiple passengers are in a booking, unique membership number (main/family) shall be provided for Qmiles conversion.
3. Spending your Qmiles
To spend your Qmiles, kindly refer to clause 13 of the Privilege Club Terms and Conditions.
4. Extension and Revalidation
To extend or revalidate Qmiles, kindly refer to clause 8 of the Privilege Club Terms and Conditions.