Emirates tries to keep the cash coming in from affiliated credit card spend during Covid-19 when the majority of its flights are canceled by launching tier miles offer.
Skywards allows members to earn 1 bonus tier mile for every 4 award miles earned from affiliated credit cards and Skywards Everything and Namshi between May 18 – July 31, 2020.
You can access this offer on the Emirates website here.
Note that the maximum number of tier miles that you can earn from this offer is capped at 25,000
Following cobranded credit cards are eligible:
- Citi UAE
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- Emirates Islamic
- Emirates NBD
Airlines are creative, trying to keep the cash coming in from selling miles by offering incentives to consumers. Tier miles won’t cost airlines anything upfront and very little even later unless consumers use actual cash and buy tickets.
The overall swipe volume is down, and surely consumers now think twice what cards they use. Offer such as this can make sense if it helps you to achieve the desired tier within the Skywards.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- The Tier Miles bonus on partner spend offer is open to all Emirates Skywards members who:
- are existing Emirates Skywards members (excluding Skysurfers), or who enroll as new members by 11.59pm (Dubai time) on 31 July 2020.
- made a purchase using their Emirates Skywards cobranded card (ADIB, Citi UAE, Dubai Islamic Bank, Emirates Islamic, Emirates NBD and RAKBANK), Skywards Everyday and Namshi between 00.01am (Dubai time) on 18 May 2020 and 11.59pm (Dubai time) on 31 July 2020.
- The minimum bonus Tier Miles which can be earned by a member for this promotion is 1 Tier Mile.
- The maximum bonus Tier Miles which can be earned by a member for this promotion are 25,000 Tier Miles.
- Bonus Skywards Miles issued by the participating partners (for e.g. welcome bonus Miles, sign-up bonus Miles, promotional bonus Miles etc.) will not qualify for the Tier Miles bonus.
- To earn the Tier Miles bonus and Skywards Miles with Skywards Everyday, members need to download the Skywards Everyday app and sign in using their Emirates Skywards credentials. After completing purchases with any partner, members can then upload stamped receipts through the My Profile section of the app. To qualify for this offer, the member needs to spend and upload their receipts within the promotion period. Members need to ensure their receipts are validated with the Skywards Everyday stamp. Standard terms and conditions apply.
- To earn the Tier Miles bonus and Skywards Miles with Namshi, members need to download the Namshi app, create a Namshi General Trading LLC (“Namshi”) account, and link their Emirates Skywards account using your Emirates Skywards credentials. Standard terms and conditions apply.
- When a refund is made on the cobranded card or a good purchased is returned via Namshi or Skywards Everyday, the Skywards Miles total and Tier Miles bonus will be adjusted accordingly from the member’s account statement.
- An Emirates Skywards member who, at the discretion of Emirates Skywards, satisfies the conditions set out above will be awarded bonus Tier Miles in addition to the Skywards Miles normally earned with the partner:
- The bonus multiple is calculated on the total Skywards Miles earned
- The bonus applicable for this promotion is 25% Tier Miles (1 bonus Tier Mile for every 4 Skywards Miles earned)
- The Tier Miles summary on the member’s account on emirates.com and the Emirates app may not reflect the bonus Tier Miles earned during this promotion period. However the Emirates Skywards member will be notified of the Tier Miles bonus within 2 weeks of the spend in their Emirates Skywards Miles statement on the Emirates App or online at emirates.com
- The member will be notified on the upgrade of their Tier status within 2 weeks of qualification.
- The member will be notified on the renewal of their Tier status within 4 weeks of qualification.
- Standard partner terms and conditions apply.
- Emirates Skywards Programme Rules apply.