Qatar Airways has launched a first-ever status match campaign from select competitors to its Privilege Club.
You must apply by May 20, 2020, by sending in the required documents. The matched status is valid for 12 months, and Privilege Club has lowered the requalification requirements for these members.
You can access this offer on Qatar’s website here.
Here are the programs that Qatar matches from:
- Singapore Airlines
- South African Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Here are the relaxed requalification criteria for matches members:
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Join Qatar Airways Privilege Club by visiting qmiles.com
2. Email your last two months’ statements and a copy of your frequent flyer membership card from selected airlines, along with your Qatar Airways Privilege Club membership number to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Privilege Club Status Match”
Privilege Club Tiers
Privilege Club Silver = Oneworld Ruby (no benefits)
Privilege Club Gold = Oneworld Sapphire that comes with business class check-in, lounge access, priority boarding, and extra luggage allowance.
Privilege Club Platinum = Oneworld Emerald that comes with first-class check-in, first-class lounge access, priority boarding, and extra luggage allowance.
Qatar Airways has not released a definite matrix what levels from competing programs they match to Silver, Gold, and Platinum, leaving them quite a bit of discretion.
I would say that it is a good match for those that hold status with any of the six airlines, as they can get Oneworld Status for a year without any commitment.
If you wish to build up Oneworld status with an airline other than Qatar, you can always use the Privilege Club status for benefits while crediting the flights elsewhere.
I believe that this is the first time Qatar Airways is offering a match to its Privilege Club-program. We are living in unprecedented times, however.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
● This offer is applicable to top tier members of Emirates, Etihad, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Turkish Airlines, and Virgin Australia.
● Members who wish to receive an equivalent tier status with Qatar Airways Privilege Club should join Privilege Club by visiting qmiles.com and provide the following documents by email to email@example.com for verification.
● Privilege Club Membership Number
● Last two months’ statements from your current programme
● Copy of the current frequent flyer membership card
● Details provided in the Privilege Club membership account should match the documents submitted.
● Campaign Period: 14 May 2020 – 20 May 2020.
● Members who wish to receive the status match should provide the documents on or before 20 May 2020, 11.59 PM Doha time.
● Privilege Club reserves the right to approve or reject the request based on the documents submitted.
● Members’ existing tier will be matched to a corresponding Privilege Club tier, at Privilege Club management’s discretion
● Privilege Club reserves the right to decide on the corresponding tier.
● Privilege Club reserves the right to cancel the membership and the status if the documents provided are forged.
● Qualifying match recipients will be upgraded within 10 days of the receipt of the documents.
● Earn the required Qpoints based on the above table during your complimentary period to keep your Privilege Club tier status for another 12 months.