Turkish Airlines has launched a new offer to celebrate the healthcare sector employees by offering them a 40% discount code.
The discount is valid on all Turkish Airlines flights and both in the economy and business class through May 31, 2021, but you must issue the ticket by August 1.
You can access this offer on the Turkish Airlines website here.
Note that this discount is not valid if travel is between 29/07/2020 – 04/08/2020, 28/10/2020 – 02/11/2020, and 15/12/2020 – 31/12/2020.
Here are the valid booking and travel dates:
|Campaign registration period||8 June 2020 – 18 July 2020|
|Ticketing period||8 June 2020 – 1 August 2020|
|Traveling period||8 June 2020 – 31 May 2021|
Here’s what you need to do:
- Register to be a Miles&Smiles member. If you are already member, please proceed to Step 2.
- Click on “Register to Campaign” button and tick the “New Feedback” option at the bottom of the page you are directed to.
- At the bottom of this section you can find “Exclusive for Healthcare Professionals”. You can reach the registration form through this part of the page.
- Enter your details on the registration form and upload your healthcare professional ID card to the system.
- Within 3 days after your information is approved, your promocode will be sent to the e-mail registered to your Miles&Smiles membership account.
- When you purchase your ticket via our online channels, the discount will be applied during the payment process by entering the promocode in the related section.
It is unclear if the discount is also applicable to carrier surcharges (read scam fuel fees) or if it only excludes the actual taxes that the airline must pay.
This could be a good offer depending on the availability and the fare components that the discount is applicable. It is, however, unclear what routes the airline will cut once it restarts flying.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- To benefit from the campaign, it is necessary to be a member of Miles&Smiles program and to fill the Health Workers Registration Form that can be reached via this web page between 08/06/2020 – 18/07/2020.
- This offer is valid for Miles&Smiles members only. Non-members must first register the Miles&Smiles Program to benefit from the offer. The Miles&Smiles membership number will be entered when the Health Workers Registration Form is filled.
- The offer is only valid for tickets issued via Miles&Smiles account on the Turkish Airlines website or mobile application.
- The promotion code and the Miles&Smiles membership number registered in the form are matched. The promotion codes cannot be used with another membership. In order to get a discount, you must login with the same Miles & Smiles membership number filled in the form before.
- The offer is valid for tickets issued via Turkish Airlines website or mobile application between 08/06/2020 – 01/08/2020 with travel dates between 08/06/2020 – 31/05/2021.
- The offer is valid for one-way and round-trip flights, Business Class and Economy Class from/to all destinations in our network.
- After the form is evaluated, if appropriate, promotion code will be sent to registered e-mail in the form within 3 days.
- Within the scope of the campaign, two promotion codes, one for domestic flights and one for international flights, will be sent to health workers. These promotion codes must be used in accordance with related travelling routes. Passengers have the right to use these two promotion codes.
- Each promocode (domestic and international) may be used only once, and only by the member.
- The promotion codes distributed within the scope of the campaign are limited and the number of codes is determined as 100000 for both domestic and international flights. Distributing of codes will be stopped when it reaches the determined number.
- The discount amount and the total discounted fare will be displayed after the payment type is selected on the payment page and the promotion code is entered into the “Promotion Code” field.
- Within the scope of campaign, the promotion code can be used by only health workers who are registered with the Ministry of Health or health institutions accredited by the Ministry of Health. Family physicians and paramedics may also participate. The personnel identity card included in the related form must include the name and/or emblem of the organization, unit, occupation, name-surname, date of birth.
- The health workers who are eligible for promocode can benefit from the offer together with three people. In the scope of campaign, maximum 4 people, including the health worker can issue tickets on the same PNR.
- Discounts are applied to base fares and the discount rate is 40%. The discounts are not applied to taxes, and are valid for a limited number of seats.
- If there is more than one passenger on the same reservation, the discount will be applied on to the total fare excluding taxes.
- Departure dates and return dates between 29/07/2020 – 04/08/2020, 28/10/2020 – 02/11/2020 and 15/12/2020 – 31/12/2020 are not valid and are excluded from the offer.
- The related promotion is only valid on scheduled flights operated by Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet. It is not valid with Turkish Airlines codeshare flights or Star Alliance partner airline flights.
- The right of use cannot be transferred within the scope of the offer.
- If needed, it is mandatory to show original of health worker identification uploaded to the Health Workers Registration Form at the airport check-in desk at the time of departure. Copies of the identification (digital or print) will not be accepted.
- If a passenger fails to provide the required original of health worker identity card, boarding will be denied.
- The HES code is mandatory for Turkish citizens in domestic flights and international flights departing from Turkey. HES code obtained from “Hayat Eve Sığar” application or SMS, will be checked 24 hours before the flight. If any risk conditions are detected, the passenger will be informed and will not be allowed to board the flight. In this case, refund will be available. For detailed information, please visit https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/hes-code/index.html
- The ticketing period ends according to Turkish local time.
- In the case of reissue and/or cancelation, fare class rules and conditions apply.
- The discount amount may vary according to exchange rates.
- This campaign cannot be combined with any other Turkish Airlines campaign and/or special passenger discounts (student/youth, medical, disabled etc.)
- Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal action against the related parties found to have contravened any rules and/or regulations.
- Turkish Airlines reserves the right to change terms and conditions, definitions and other information pertaining to the special offer and to cancel the offer at any time.