Air France and KLM have launched a new offer to get Flying Blue members to buy and fly through the end of 2020.
Flying Blue members can earn double award miles and XP Points (that are used to determine your status) for trips started and completed between July 13 – December 31, 2020.
You can access this offer on Flying Blue’s website here.
Note that the booking date is irrelevant to this offer. All existing trips qualify. The eligible flights must be KLM or Air France marketed (operating airline is irrelevant).
There is no need to register for this offer. Flying Blue will automatically credit the double miles and XP points to eligible members.
Let’s see how long it takes for other European airlines such as British Airways and Lufthansa Group (Lufthansa, Swiss, Austria, and Brussels) to match this offer.
This is an excellent opportunity to earn a SkyTeam Elite Plus status by flying on Air France, and KLM marketed flights through the end of the year and crediting them to Flying Blue.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- You must be a Flying Blue Member to be eligible to the « Double bonus Flying Blue Miles and XP » special offer (the « Offer »). If you are not a Flying Blue Member, you can visit the Flying Blue website (www.flyingblue.com) and enroll today. Membership is free.
- For the purpose of the Offer, an « Eligible flight » means an Air France or KLM marketed flight with an Air France or KLM flight number on a ticket where Miles and XP are normally earned.
- The Offer is only available on Eligible flights flown, for journeys started and completed between 0.01 AM on July 13th 2020 and 11.59 PM on December 31st 2020 (local departure time and date).
- Your Flying Blue number must be recorded at the time of booking or check-in to earn bonus Miles and XP. If a booking involves several passengers, each passenger who is a Flying Blue member must record his/her Flying Blue number to qualify for this offer.
- “Double Miles” and “Double XP” means you will receive 100% additional Flying Blue Miles and XP on Eligible flights. Double XP bonus does not apply to the following:
– 2 additional XP given to Air France Discount Pass holders on flights within metropolitan France
– 2 additional XP given on flights within Kenya and Romania.
- Bonus Miles and XP are calculated on the base fare of an eligible ticket as per the original ticketed class, excluding any subsequent reward or complimentary upgrades, ancillaries or any other changes. Miles and XP will not be earned on government taxes/fees. An eligible ticket is defined as any eligible ticket for normal Flying Blue Miles and XP accrual. Any and all tickets excluded as per Flying Blue Programme Rules for regular Flying Blue Miles and XP accrual are not eligible for this offer.
- The Bonus Miles and XP will be credited to your account along with the Miles and XP of your flight, upon the completion of each of your Eligible flights. You will be informed about the Miles and XP credit in your activity overview, which is accessible online at flyingblue.com, airfrance.com or klm.com
- Duration of the Offer may be modified by Air France and KLM.
- Bonus Miles and XP may take up to six (6) weeks after completion of your travel to be credited to your Flying Blue account.
- Any and all terms and conditions of the Flying Blue Programme, including Flying Blue membership and Miles and XP earning and spending conditions, remain applicable.
Here are the frequently asked questions:
Am I eligible for the double Miles and double XP promotion?
All Flying Blue members worldwide are eligible for the promotion, no exceptions. If you are not a Flying Blue member yet, you can visit the Flying Blue website (flyingblue.com) and join today. Membership is free. Each passenger in the same booking must be a Flying Blue member and submit their Flying Blue number to qualify for this promotion.
Do I need to register for the promotion to get double XP and double Miles?
No, Flying Blue will automatically credit the double Miles and double XP to your account, upon the completion of each flight. Your Flying Blue number must be submitted at the time of booking or check-in to earn double Miles and double XP.
During what period will I earn double Miles and double XP?
If you take any eligible Air France or KLM marketed flight (with an AF or KL flight number) between 13 July and 31 December 2020, you will get double Miles and double XP. If you take several flights in that period, you will enjoy the promotion several times.
When will the double Miles and double XP be credited to my account?
The double Miles and double XP will be credited to your account along with the regular Miles and XP of the flight, upon completion of your flight.
What happens if I already booked a flight before 13 July 2020?
The double Miles and double XP will be credited for all flights taken between 13 July 2020, 12.01 am and 31 December 2020, 11.59 pm (local departure time and date), irrespective of the booking date. For flights that you already booked before 13 July 2020 with travel dates between 13 July and 31 December 2020 you will enjoy double Miles and double XP.
Is the promotion valid for one booking or for all bookings?
You earn double Miles and double XP on all flights between 13 July and 31 December 2020. The promotion is not limited to one booking.
Is the promotion also valid on extra options and last-minute upgrades?
The promotion is not valid on extra options nor last-minute upgrades. It is only applicable on the original ticket.
How are the double Miles and XP calculated?
Bonus Miles and XP are calculated on the base fare of an eligible ticket as per the original ticketed class, excluding any subsequent reward or complimentary upgrades, ancillaries or any other changes. You will not earn Miles and XP on government taxes and/or fees.
What are Air France or KLM marketed flights?
Air France or KLM marketed flights are flights that are booked directly via Air France or KLM (with an Air France or KLM flight number). However, they can be operated by another airline.