IHG is bringing temporarily (likely permanent) Regent and Kimpton-brands into the InterContinental Ambassador-program.
We have previously reported (access here) that Ambassador-benefits, including the free weekend night voucher, were valid for stays at Regent hotels outside of Greater China through the end of 2021. Now, IHG has introduced benefits for Greater China Regents until December 31, 2020.
You can access IHG’s page for the Ambassador-program here.
Here are the Greater China benefits valid for stays at FOUR Regent Hotels:
- Full breakfast per day (unclear if only for the Ambassador or all registered guests)
- Late check-out 4 PM
- Signature Amenity
- Regent Club access for Royal Ambassadors
Even the Ambassador-program with free night certificate has now become a minefield because you need to remember that:
1. Free Weekend night vouchers are now valid 7-days a week at Kimpton and Regent Hotels outside of Greater China until the end of 2021 (but only weekends at InterContinentals).
2. Regent Hotels are offering one set of benefits outside of Greater China until the end of 2021, while those in China and Taiwan are valid until the end of 2020.
3. InterContinental benefits are “richer” in MAINLAND China (not Greater China) than elsewhere.
4. InterContinental, Kimpton, and Regent spend count towards the Royal Ambassador qualification.
I am all for simplicity when it comes to these loyalty programs. More exclusions you carve out the more difficult they become to run, administer, and ensure compliance.