Global Hotel Alliance (GHA) is a collection of independent hotels and smaller chains that use the GHA’s Discovery as their guest loyalty/recognition program.
Discovery is currently offering a Platinum status after a stay of two nights (read more here) until the end of August and has extended the offer of Double Elite Night Credits through the end of 2020.
You can access this offer on GHA’s website here.
You earn double elite night credits for all nights consumed until December 31, 2020. BLACK status usually requires 30 nights that you can now get with just 15.
Here is GHA Discovery’s status benefit matrix:
GHA Discovery participating brands:
I did try GHA Discovery years ago when more rate plans were eligible (didn’t need to be booked directly) and stayed then at my first ever Alila (now part of Hyatt).
You don’t need any free nights with GHA, but instead collect local experience awards that may or may not be of interest to you (I had mine expire).
Platinum or Black status, can make sense if you stay at any of the better hotel chains of GHA, such as Kempinski or Omni.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Must be a DISCOVERY member to participate. Not a member yet? Click here to join DISCOVERY
- Members must register to participate in ‘Double Nights’ promotion between 1 May 2020 and 31 December 2020
- Eligible reservations must have stay dates between 1 May 2020 and 31 December 2020
- Ineligible rates are not included
- Double night credits count toward DISCOVERY tier status only and will not count toward additional rewards at specific brands (ex: night credits do not count toward Free Nights at Omni Hotels) or Local Experience awards.
- Additional night credits earned during this ‘Double Nights’ promotion do not qualify for any Rollover benefit
- DISCOVERY membership, earning and redemption are subject to the programme terms and conditions
- Subject to availability