Qatar Airways has launched its first-ever miles sale for purchases made between August 12 – September 1, 2020.
Privilege Club members can buy Qmiles with a 75% bonus August 12 – 14, and then at 60% bonus through September 1.
You can access this offer on Qatar’s website here.
Note that the miles are sold in USD and the purchase processed by a Canadian company called Points.com. Privilege Club members can buy up to 250,000 Qmiles in every calendar year not counting any possible bonuses.
Here’s the price:
The cost a Qmile under this offer is 1.71 US cents each.
Qatar’s partner award chart:
And award rules:
The partner award chart applies for travel on all flights marketed and operated by our Privilege Club Partner Airlines.
The total Qmiles required to redeem for a partner award ticket will depend on the total distance (miles) flown in the trip.
To request a partner award, please log in to your account and complete the partner award request form.
Award requests for infants are not valid on Partner Airlines.
Redemption in Premium Economy Cabin is currently available on only some of our Partner Airlines.
Partner award ticket can only be booked on a single airline. Combination of flights between airlines (Qatar Airways, oneworld or other partner airlines) in an itinerary is not permitted.
A maximum of four sectors on a single airline can be booked on a partner award ticket.
Open jaw trips are permitted
Stopover is not permitted on a partner award ticket
Members must provide all necessary documents when submitting change request.
Please ensure you submit your request minimum 96 hours (4 days) prior to your intended date of travel.
Qatar Airways this year has made several positive changes to its Privilege Club frequent flier program (after decimating it earlier) that we have covered such as again allowing award bookings online and no expiry of miles as long as you have any activity at least once every 36 months.
I believe that this is the first time that Qatar Airways sells its Qmiles with a significant bonus. They have previously offered a slight discount. It appears that the airline will take this line of business more seriously in the future as the selling of points is now handled by Points.com.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
The Promotion provides an eligible member with the opportunity to earn a percentage of the Qmiles purchased, gifted or transferred as an additional complimentary bonus (the “Bonus Miles”) during the promotion period from 00.01 GMT +3 on 12th August 2020 to 23.59 GMT+3 on 14th August 2020. The bonus Qmiles an eligible member can earn will be based upon the number of Qmiles purchased (the “Offer”). This offer is available only for transactions made to Buy Qmiles, Gift Qmiles and Transfer Qmiles store on qmiles.com via the Points Platform only and cannot be applied in combination with another offer that may be available on the Buy, Gift or Transfer product. Qmiles bought, gifted or transferred through this Offer will count towards the maximum limit of 250,000 Qmiles allowed in a calendar year.
- Price includes all applicable fees.
- Purchased or transferred Qmiles are not refundable and will be posted within 72 hours.
- Qmiles purchased or transferred do not count towards qualification for any increased or improved status in the Privilege Club programme.
- All standard Privilege Club programme terms and conditions apply.
- Qatar Airways reserves the right to change the pricing and terms of the Buy, Gift and Transfer option at any time.
- Members can buy, gift or transfer up to 250,000 Qmiles per calendar year.
- To buy or gift, prices start from US$35 and go as low as US$30 for every block of 1,000 Qmiles.
- To transfer, prices start from US$15 and go as low as US$13 for every block of 1,000 Qmiles
- The price depends on the number of Qmiles bought or purchased in a transaction.
- Members must have earned a minimum of 1,000 Qmiles since enrolment to purchase additional Qmiles.
- Members must have a minimum balance of 1,000 Qmiles to gift Qmiles.