Etihad has launched an award sale that allows Guest members to use their miles at a discount towards flights, stays, merchandise, and rental cards.
The discount is 30% and available for redemptions made by August 27, 2020. The discount is valid for award seats on travel through May 31, 2021.
You can access this offer on Etihad’s website here.
Note the discount is not valid on OpenSeats (higher priced). If you later need to change your award (likely in this environment), it needs to be priced without a discount, and you pay extra (in miles).
The award sale is suitable for those that have Etihad Guest miles available. It is questionable, however, can you lock into any itineraries at the moment considering the Covid-19 and ever-changing travel restrictions.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Offer applicable for GuestSeats on selected routes for Etihad Airways operated flights using Etihad Guest Miles booked between 13 – 27 August 2020 (23.59 GST) for travel 13 August 2020 – 31 May 2021
- The offer can be availed on Etihad.com or via Etihad Guest call center
- Redemptions eligible for travel on Etihad Airways operated flights only
- Upgrades are not permitted on GuestSeats
- This offer is only applicable on the miles value or base fare, applicable taxes and surcharges will have to be paid at the time of ticket issuance and are excluded from the discount
- One-way tickets are permitted
- Stopovers & Open Jaws are not permitted
- Name changes are not permitted
- GuestSeats are subject to availability
- Reward tickets are non-endorsable and non-transferable
- Promotional GuestSeats booked within the sale period can be changed, however a fare difference in miles may apply.
- Cancelation and refund of redemption seats are as per the Etihad Guest terms and conditions
- Etihad Guest reserves the right to change the routes and level of discount at any time without notice
- Redemptions on Etihad Guest Airline Partners are excluded from the offer
- Etihad Airways OpenSeats are excluded from the offer