Emirates and Dubai have again changed the Covid-19 test requirements for those flying to OR transiting via Dubai.
Emirates now requires all passengers, including those transiting, to have a negative Covid-19 test result that is performed within 96 hours of departure.
You can access Emirates’ page for travel information here.
Here’s information that Emirates has up:
- Check if you need a visa here. Depending on your nationality you can get a visa on arrival, or you can apply for your visit visa from Dubai Immigration before you travel.
- All passengers arriving in Dubai from any destination, including passengers connecting in Dubai, must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate to be accepted on the flight. We recommend you bring a printed certificate, but digital ones are accepted in Dubai. It must be an official certificate – SMS confirmation messages are not accepted. The test must be taken a maximum of 96 hours before departure. This excludes children under the age of 12 and passengers who have a moderate or severe disability.
- The UAE government has specified designated laboratories. If you are flying from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, you must get your certificate from one of these labs. If you are flying from any other country, you can either use the recommended laboratories in the same document or any trusted and certified laboratories in your country of origin.
- You may need to take another COVID-19 PCR test on arrival. If you take a test at the airport, you must remain in your hotel or residence until you receive the test result. If the test result is positive, you will be required to undergo isolation and follow the Dubai Health Authority guidelines.
- You must also download the COVID-19 – DXB Smart App. iOS – Android
- All travelers to Dubai, including passengers with a connecting flight, must complete this health declaration form and give it to the staff at check-in. This form will also be available at check-in.
- You will also need to complete the quarantine undertaking form given to you on board if Dubai is your final destination. Hand this form to the Dubai Health Authority staff on arrival.
- All passengers traveling from Dubai to UK or Europe (and other mandated destinations) will be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test no more than 96 hours before departure and present the test result certificate at check-in.
- Before you travel, please check the requirements of the country you are traveling to. You may need to take a printed COVID-19 PCR test before you depart.
COVID-19 flight and travel restrictions remain in place across many countries around the world. We are closely monitoring the situation as it evolves, and we hope to resume services as soon as conditions allow. This includes receiving government approvals, the easing of travel restrictions, and commercial demand. We will announce any service resumption when we can. Find out which destinations we’re flying to and from.
These Covid-19 tests can get expensive very fast, and it can sometimes be a challenge to get the results within the required time frame.
I know for a fact that the test costs close to 300 euros in Finland (you cannot use the free public one for travel purposes) and you would then need another one for return.
You could easily end up doubling your airfare in Covid-19 tests, considering how expensive they are.