Now that Sonesta is more than doubling its portfolio in North America after SVC reflags103 hotels from IHG (read more here), it is time to have a look at getting your status matched with Travel Pass.
Sonesta’s guest loyalty program is called Travel Pass that comes with two elite levels of Preferred (6 to 11 nights) and Elite (12+ nights), and they offer status matches.
You can access Sonesta here.
Here’s what you need to do to get status matched with Sonesta:
I’m an Elite member in another hotel program. Will you match my status?
Of course! Sonesta offers a status match to Preferred and Elite levels in other hotel loyalty programs. All you need to do is enroll in Sonesta Travel Pass and simply email Travel Pass customer care (email@example.com) with your Travel Pass Member ID and a copy of a current membership card or statement showing your status in another hotel loyalty program. It’s that simple.
Very straightforward process. I would assume that Seonsta matches all comparable programs (Accor, Best Western, Choice, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, Wyndham, etc.).
Here’s the Travel Pass elite benefits matrix:
*All Sonesta Travel Pass benefits, including earning reward points, are provided during qualified visits only. Please see terms & conditions for more details.
- Upgraded internet is only available at U.S. locations. Some non-U.S. locations may only offer 1 hour per day of free internet, in room or in the business center.
- Early check-in/late check-out provided up to 3 hours beyond regular check-in and check-out times, as available.
- Availability may vary by property based on parking lots operated under external management agencies.
- Sip ‘n snack credit is provided at check-in and carries no value upon check-out.
- Discounts are provided at Sonesta-operated outlets only. Participation may vary.
- Room upgrade applies to the next higher room category than what was originally booked and is subject to availability.
- Elite guests may receive one complimentary non-alcoholic beverage per stay. Max value of $15.
- Elite guests may request a suite upgrade at check-in and receive a 50% discount, based on availability.
- Elite guests receive club lounge access where available. At hotels without club lounges, guests will receive daily complimentary continental breakfast instead.
The early check-in/late check out is 3 hours before/after the hotel’s standard. The program appears to push discounted suite upgrades to elite members instead of complimentary ones with other loyalty programs. Royal Sonesta and Sonesta hotels offer club access (not included with IHG) or breakfast (continental).
IHG Rewards Club members who have stays coming up at the 103 deflagged properties (including the Crowne Plaza at IHG’s Atlanta campus) after November 30th should sign up with Sonesta Travel Pass and get their status matched.
The benefits are mostly comparable to what you would get with IHG, but includes club lounge and/or breakfast at select hotels (not benefit with IHG).
Perhaps we should start better covering what happens with Sonesta in the future, as they now have a more significant hotel portfolio.