Megatix with Marriott hotels is offering gift/stay certificates at up to 70% bonus (previous max 50%) that has now been extended through October 31, 2020 (the sale was supposed to end on August 31).
You can use these vouchers towards eligible expenses such as accommodation (only specific rates apply), SPA, and F&B through the validity date designated by the property, ranging from the end of 2020 to July 31, 2021.
You can access this offer on the Megatix website here.
Note that these gift certificates are property specific and not able to be used across other Marriott properties both in Thailand and abroad.
You should check any possible blackout dates when you cannot use them, and if you can use them towards all folio expenses.
The terms of these vouchers are hotel specific, and not all room rates are applicable to be used in combination with these vouchers.
Here are the available values (example Marriott Marquis BKK):
A gift voucher worth 4,500 baht can be purchased for only 3,000 baht,
a gift voucher worth 8,000 baht can be purchased for a price of only 5,000 baht,
a gift voucher worth 17,000 baht can be purchased for only 10,000 baht.
This voucher can be purchased from 1 September – 31 October 2020 with the value of the voucher valid from 2 September – 31 March 2021.
Most Marriott hotels in Thailand are participating in this campaign, and vouchers can be purchased directly through the Megatix website.
The vouchers are being delivered instantly in pdf version and can be used immediately. You can complete the purchase with a foreign credit card (Sebastian did).
Here are the terms of the Marriott Marquis BKK Queen Park:
– This gift voucher can be redeemed for accommodation (booked via Marriott.com, applicable for non-prepayment rates only), spa treatments, food and beverage in any of our on-site restaurants and bars including in-room dining except transportation, limousine , excursion and activities.
– Vouchers are pre-paid at time of booking, and are non-refundable.
– Credits need to be used during one stay and cannot be carried forward for future use or redeemable as cash.
– Any spend exceeds the amount of the gift certificate, the balance must be paid upon check out either in cash, by credit card or other available payment method.
– Credits cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discounts, vouchers and special events.
– Credits will be applied to the guest folio at the time of check-out or bill settlement.
– Credits are not transferable, cannot be exchanged for cash and are void after check-out.
– Credits are not applicable for group bookings (10 or more rooms)
– Credits are not applicable for catering spend (wedding, meeting)
This hotel is very liberal with certain rates that can be applied to these vouchers. Others are much more stringent.
Here are all the current participating hotels:
Note that not all the hotels above offer a 70% bonus, and some don’t have certificates with March/July 2021 expiry available (expire this year).
These certs allow for some good savings, but you cannot use them towards prepaid rates and pretty much any rates that say specifically that they can’t be paired with other promotions and discounts. Which rates are excluded or included depends on the hotel (always check the property specific T&Cs) and can also be seen in the rate description on the website.
Sebastian has purchased Megatix vouchers and used them towards a Marriott hotel stay in Thailand. He got full points and stay credit at the Marriott Marquis (booked a voucher eligible 2999 Baht Rate that included Breakfast, 1000 Baht F&B credit per day plus 5000 points per stay).
These vouchers work for those readers that are currently in Thailand unless the country soon opens up its borders for incoming foreign tourism that appears unlikely.