Accor has launched an interesting offer to get members to book their stays, not directly, but rather through Flight Centre Travel Group.
Accor Live Limitless members who book and stay under “SmartSTAY” between September 1 – November 30, 2020, earn triple points.
You can access this offer on Accor’s website here.
READ MORE: Accor ALL Rate & Bonus Points Offers
Note that only reservations booked under SmartSTAY and using Flight Centre Travel Group are eligible. Stays booked directly with Accor are not.
You don’t often see offers from hotel loyalty programs that offer you bonus points for NOT booking direct (hotels pay anywhere from 10% to 25% commission to travel agents) but rather through an agent.
I am not sure what rates are available through Flight Centre and if the Accor rates that they always offer are SmartSTAY ones.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1. General ALL terms and conditions apply to the “SmartSTAY Triple Reward Points ” offer and you must be a ALL member to benefit from it.
2. This offer entitles members of ALL, regardless of their membership status, to multiply the Reward points they earn by 3 when staying at a participating hotel of the SmartSTAY Programme and that has enrolled to participate in the ALL loyalty programme.
Points are earned based on the value of points credited to the member by the hotel following an eligible stay, in accordance with the ALL general conditions of use and based on Classic status. On completion of the stay, points will be credited to the member’s account in two separate transactions:
1/ the points corresponding to the value of points that the ALL member would have been awarded had they not subscribed to the offer will be credited to the member’s account in the first transaction; and
2/ the additional Reward points earned by subscribing to the offer will be credited to the member’s account in the second transaction, corresponding to the number of Reward points the ALL member is still owed in order to have been credited the total number of Reward points multiplied by 3 on completion of the two points credit transactions.
For example, a ALL member who earned 250 Status points and 250 Reward points for an eligible stay will receive:
An additional 500 Reward points for offers multiplying the points X3
3. This offer is valid for a member’s stay from 01/09/2020 to 30/11/2020 in one of the Smart Stay programme participating hotels , and booked between 01/09/2020 to 30/11/2020.
The stay must be a minimum of one (1) night.
4. Any consecutive stays (check-out and check-in same day) in the same hotel, will be considered as a single stay.
5. For the purposes of this offer, a stay is understood to be one (1) booking by a ALL member for one or several rooms. In other words, bookings that include more than one (1) room will be counted as just one (1) stay. The earlier check-out date is counted while the credit of Reward and Status points is calculated. In other words, a ALL member will receive eligible points and nights for the room which he/she vacates first.
6. To be eligible for this offer, stays must be booked directly via Flight Centre Travel Group, whose booking system is automatically connected for the following brands; Raffles, Fairmont, SO/, Sofitel, Pullman, Swissôtel, Grand Mercure, The Sebel, MGallery by Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, ibis and ibis Styles. Stays booked via a reseller, tour operator, third-party online travel agent (such as expedia.com, booking.com, etc.) or any other channel, will not be eligible for this offer.
7. You must provide your ALL Loyalty card number when making your reservation, and present your card at the hotel reception desk when you check-in for your stay.
8. The ALL Reward points will be credited to the member’s account within 10 days of the member checking out.
9. This offer is subject to availability. General sales terms and conditions apply for reserved public rates specific to each hotel.
10. Please specify the reference “SmartSTAY Triple Reward Points ” all your communications with ALL call centers or customer care services related to this offer.