Virgin Atlantic is celebrating the renaming of Flying Club miles to Virgin Points by launching double points offer for tickets issued September 24 – October 1, 2020.
There is no registration required for this offer. You must merely book during the promotional period.
You can access Virgin Atlantic here.
Note that only direct bookings made with Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Atlantic Holidays, or phone qualify for the bonus. Tickets issued through agents don’t.
It is unclear how Virgin Atlantic will handle the inevitable change of dates and, in some cases, destinations due to the Covid-19 pandemic. These usually result in reissuing the ticket with a new ticketing date. It is unclear whether you can earn double points in these instances.
It is great that this double points offer is valid for flights through to the end of schedule if the tickets are issued by October 1.
I still advise our readers not to buy travel more than a week or two out because it is unclear when this Covid-19 is behind us. Likely not before the second half of 2021.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- Members do not need to register for this offer. Members must book a flight through virginatlantic.com, virginholidays.co.uk or via our contact centre to be eligible for the bonus.
- Flights must be both operated by Virgin Atlantic and marketed by Virgin Atlantic (flight number starts with VS) to be applicable for the bonus points. Codeshare flights are excluded from this offer.
- Travel completed in all classes will earn double points per sector.
- Applicable for flights booked and tickets issued between 24th September 2020 – 1st October 2020.
- Reward tickets are excluded from this offer, apart from Points Plus Money bookings which are applicable for bonus points.
- Bonus points will be added to the total points earned for the flight. Bonus points will not appear as a separate transaction in the member’s online account.
- Gold members (60%) and Silver members (30%) will still earn tier bonus points. The promotional points will be included in the tier bonus.
- The normal Flying Club points and the bonus Flying Club points will be automatically credited to your Flying Club account within seven days of your Qualifying Flight’s.
- Normal tier points will be earned.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Virgin Atlantic promotional offer.
- The earning and redemption of Flying Club points are subject to the standard Flying Club Terms & Conditions (which are subject to change from time to time).
- All travel is subject to Virgin Atlantic’s Conditions of Carriage (which are subject to change from time to time).
- These Terms & Conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.