IHG Rewards Club has now launched its fall promotion called “The Joy of Two” for members in Greater China. There is a separate double points offer for members in other markets.
Members earn double points starting on their second stays + 4,000 bonus for every six nights consumed between September 22 – December 31, 2020.
You can access and register for this offer on IHG’s website here.
READ MORE: IHG Rewards Club Rate & Bonus Points Offers
The Joy of Two bonus offer is valid for members in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan, but the stays can be worldwide.
Note that the extra bonus of 4,000 points for every six nights is capped at 40,000 (60 nights) for the duration of this campaign.
Here’s the bonus offer valid elsewhere:
I am not sure why IHG occasionally carves out Greater China from their otherwise Global bonus points offers?
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
1. Eligibility The offer is available to IHG® Rewards Club members from Greater China (includes Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan) whose registered domicile is in Greater China.
2. Offer period a). Registration period: From September 22 to December 15, 2020, both dates inclusive (Beijing Time) b). Book & Stay period: From September 22 to December 31, 2020, both dates inclusive (Beijing Time)
3. Participating hotels InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Kimpton®, EVEN®, avid™, voco™, Regent® Hotels & Resorts, and HUALUXE® hotels whose registered domicile is in Greater China. (Greater China includes Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan)
4. How to access the offer a) Eligible members must register for the “The Joy of Two” offer no later than December 15, 2020. b) Eligible members must complete booking and qualifying stays between September 22 to December 31, 2020, both dates inclusive (Beijing Time). Both the check-in and check-out dates must be within this period to qualify. c) After registering for the offer, eligible members earn double points (inclusive of base point) for Qualifying Nights from their second Qualifying Stay. There is no set limit to the total amount of bonus points e) The “Joy of Two” campaign offers additional reward points start from 2nd eligible stay, members are entitle to earn 4,000 extra points for every 6 qualifying nights of stay. Each member can earn up to 40,000 additional rewards points during the offer period.
5. Qualifying Nights a). According to the IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions, a “Stay” is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of the check-in or check-out frequency. b). A “Qualifying Night” means one paid night booked at a Qualifying Rate (including most business and leisure rates) at InterContinental® Hotels, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Kimpton®, EVEN®, avid™, voco™, Regent® Hotels & Resorts, and HUALUXE® hotels worldwide. Total spend for booking a qualifying night must be over $30 USD with a minimum stay of 1 night. c) Bonus points are not awarded for “Non-Qualifying Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Nights”. “Non-Qualifying Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Nights” are defined as net wholesale individual and group rates, some package rates, employee discount rates, friends and family rates, crew rates, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker or crew rates, 50% travel club discount rates, travel industry discount rates, distressed passenger rates, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night or Airline Hotel Reward rates, rates offered through most third-party websites, complimentary hotel stays, and any other rates not deemed eligible by IHG®.
6. Crediting bonus points IHG® Rewards Club bonus points awarded to eligible members for Qualifying Nights completed during the offer period will be credited to member accounts within 4-6weeks of check-out.
7. Other terms and conditions a). Members must check in to hotels in person; other members or third parties may not check in on their behalf. b). Bonus points and other relevant rewards (if any) are awarded to one member per room per night. If two or more members share a room, only one of the members will be awarded bonus points and the related room nights can only be accumulated by the same member and use towards the computation of additional rewards point. c). IHG® Rewards Club members who have opted to earn miles instead of points will still be awarded bonus points for this offer. Double points shall not be awarded for stays that members completed before registering for the “The Joy of Two” offer. d). Except as otherwise provided herein, the “The Joy of Two” offer adheres to the IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and points earning structure, which can be found at www.ihgrewardsclub.com. For special rates, please refer to the applicable terms and conditions. e). If for any reason (including but not limited to force majeure) this offer cannot proceed as planned, the organizer reserves the right to unilaterally change, cancel, temporarily suspend, or terminate the offer, to the extent permitted by national laws or regulations. f). The organizer reserves the right of final interpretation of the offer and may amend the terms and conditions from time to time, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, g). Members should raise objections about their eligibility to participate, the eligibility of stays they have completed, and the sum of bonus points or rewards credited to their account within 60 days of the end of the offer (the “Objection Period”). IHG® will only keep a record of a member’s eligibility, bonus points, and other relevant information during the Objection Period. Due to system restrictions, this information cannot be accessed after the Objection Period elapses. Members are liable for all losses incurred as a result of their failure to raise an objection during the Objection Period. h). The organizer shall not be held liable for failures or delays in transferring member data due to computer viruses, network failures, hacker attacks, telecommunications restrictions, or network latency.
8. In addition to the terms and conditions set out herein, the offer is also subject to the standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions. Please visit www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more information. If it is found that a member has acted fraudulently or abused this offer, the organizer reserves the right to revoke or otherwise dispose of their bonus points or account, pursuant to the terms and conditions herein, as well as the IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions.
9. Privacy Statement a). By submitting your personal information to InterContinental Hotel Group® (IHG®) and IHG® Rewards Club, you consent to IHG® Rewards Club sending you marketing communications via email, post, mobile phone, or telephone about hotels, hotel dining, merchandise, travel products, and travel services. IHG® Rewards Club will use the contact details you provide to send you occasional news updates, account information, and promotions in relation to IHG® Rewards Club, IHG® hotels, and our partners in the banking, airline, dining, and retail industries. For details of customer care and privacy statement, please visit: https://www.ihg.com.cn/content/gb/en/customer-care/privacy_statement.html b). The terms and conditions of this offer are published in Chinese and English; both versions shall have equal legal force and effect. In the event of a discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.