American Airlines and Hyatt launched reciprocal benefits for each other’s elite members and various fast tracks, and instant status matches the other year.
The program works the best for those that are elite members with both AAdvantage and World of Hyatt that then allows members to each both miles and points for AA flights and Hyatt stays (essentially double-dipping).
You can access the fast track on Hyatt’s website here.
READ MORE: World of Hyatt Rate & Bonus Points Offers
American Airlines yesterday emailed me an offer for a World of Hyatt status fast track due to my Executive Platinum tier.
This fast track could be beneficial for those members who have stays lined up this fall but haven’t yet decided which hotel chain to choose for them.
Hyatt’s latest global promotion begins tomorrow, allowing nights consumed in the first quarter to count towards both the 2020 and 2021 membership year. Essentially, you get a headstart in qualifying next year:
Here is what eligible AA EXP members need to do:
- Register by October 2, 2020.
- After registering, earn Explorist status by staying 10 qualifying nights or Globalist status by staying 20 qualifying nights within 90 days of registration. Enjoy your new elite status through February 2022.
- Choose from over 900 participating hotels, including brands like Park Hyatt, Thompson Hotels, Andaz and Small Luxury Hotels of the World, and wellbeing experiences with FIND and Exhale.
Select Globalist benefits:
- Upgrade to best room available, up to standard suites
- 4:00 PM late checkout upon request
- Points Earn + 30% Globalist Bonus
- Guaranteed room availability 48 hours in advance of arrival
- Club lounge access or complimentary breakfast
- Share your in-hotel benefits with your Guest of Honor
American Airlines and Hyatt are doing a great job (NOT) with data matching when sending out these offers:
1. I am already World of Hyatt Globalist (no need for a fast track).
and more importantly
2. I received American Executive Platinum status for a year (I have been for years previously by qualifying and has a lifetime status with AA) based on my World of Hyatt Globalist (was limited time offer).
This offer would be better if the World of Hyatt would extend the status upfront, and the member would then have 90 days to complete the fast track.
Now, you end up staying 20 nights without elite benefits. This doesn’t matter if you mainly stay at select-service properties where most don’t apply or are not of importance.
Here are the terms and conditions of this Fast Track offers:
To qualify for this offer, you must be an AAdvantage® Executive Platinum member who has already successfully linked your AAdvantage® account to your World of Hyatt® account (“Eligible Member”). To participate in this offer, Eligible Members must register by October 2, 2020 through the dedicated offer registration page provided by Hyatt.
Upon registration, the Eligible Member will have 90 days (“Qualification Period”) to achieve Explorist status through February 28, 2022 by completing ten (10) Tier-Qualifying Nights (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) or achieve Globalist status through February 28, 2022 by completing twenty (20) Tier-Qualifying Nights.
Only Tier-Qualifying Nights completed by the member during the member’s Qualification Period will count toward this offer. Stays completed by the member prior to the start of his/her Qualification Period will not count towards this offer (even if any night stayed otherwise qualifies as a Tier-Qualifying Night). Further, in order for Tier-Qualifying Nights completed during the member’s Qualification Period to count toward this offer, the member must check out of his or her reservation during his or her Qualification Period. If member checks into a reservation during his or her Qualification Period, but does not check out until after the Qualification Period has ended, no nights stayed as part of that reservation will count toward this offer. Qualification Period begins at registration and may not be extended. World of Hyatt Credit Card night credits do not qualify as Tier-Qualifying Nights.
If the member earns Explorist or Globalist status through February 28, 2022 by completing the criteria above, his/her new status will be applied within 7 business days of checkout of the stay during which (s)he completes the applicable requirement.
Limit one such offer each calendar year per Eligible Member except as otherwise provided. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer at any time without notice. This offer is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program, available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. Additional American Airlines terms and conditions apply, including the AAdvantage® terms and conditions and American Airlines’ terms and conditions relating to the AAdvantage® and World of Hyatt promotion.