Centara Hotel Group in Thailand has a pretty crazy offer this weekend as part of their 10.10 Sale – A pass to stay at all 30 Centara Hotels until years end for the price of 10,000 Baht!
With the Golden Ticket you can explore Thailand with over 30 hotel stays in 13 destinations across the Kingdom. Once purchased is not refundable and the period of purchasing ranges from from 9 – 11 October 2020 (time 00:00 – 23:59 hrs. GMT+7).
Reservations can be made online post purchase of the pass.
You can access this offer on Centara’s Golden Ticket website.
Enjoy over 30 hotel stays for only THB 10,000
Explore Thailand with over 30 hotel stays in 13 destinations across the Kingdom. Enjoy a series of city breaks in Bangkok, or go on family getaways every weekend to Pattaya or Hua Hin. Discover the different beaches around Phuket or Koh Samui, or be adventurous, and go somewhere you’ve never been before.
Period of purchase: 9th – 11th October 2020
Period of stay: 12th October – 30th December 2020
The Centara Golden Ticket can be redeemed for room accommodations at any Centara Hotels & Resorts property in Thailand, including in Phuket, Samui, Krabi, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Trat, Rayong, Koh Chang, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Mae Sot, Udon Thani, and Hat Yai
So far so good but which properties are available under this promotion? A list of 30 sounds a lot but the real devil is often in the detail.
Here are the properties:
This list contains 33 hotels and I wasn’t able to identify any that wouldn’t be participating because they are all listed on the initial page for this promotion. In order to make a booking one has to purchase the pass.
Despite the great price I see some issues here, mostly transportation related. In a lot of these areas listed, especially Hua Hin, Krabi Samui, Pattaya, and Phuket transportation is very expensive relative to the room rate. It’s not unheard of to pay between 400-1000 Baht to move around and if you have to do this every time after just one night it really negates the savings.
This offer also doesn’t include breakfast which is included in most of even the lowest rates available at these hotels when you book direct. You get the basic room, bare bones and that’s it.
On the plus side a lot of the leisure destinations have plenty of hotels listed so one could piece together a nice, long itinerary that way. Ideally if you have a car or motorcycle to move around without having to utilize a cab/transfer.
You can book a lot of hotels in Thailand very cheaply at the moment and many rates include breakfast plus they are available on short notice (not 3 days in advance). Unless you know you can extract a lot of value from this deal I’d be wary to box myself in so best to plan ahead carefully.
In comparison: You can currently buy a 17,000 Baht Megatix voucher for any Marriott hotel in Thailand at a price of 10,000 Baht (same as this package). This allows you to stay pretty much one full week at almost any Marriott, benefits and points included. Might be a better deal after all!
Certainly an amazing deal that is however contingent upon the pass holder being able to visit most of these properties and make use of their benefits. That’ll be tough. 30 properties with some blackout dates and roughly 80 days left this year means you pretty much have to stay at a hotel every second day in different parts of the country.
Being required to book 3 days in advance and having some other caveats included is also something that just doesn’t sit right with me but I’m actually a bit curious about this promotion. I’ll think about it until tomorrow if I want to get involved with it.
These are the Terms & Conditions for this promotion:
- Period of purchasing from 9 – 11 October 2020 (time 00:00 – 23:59 hrs. GMT+7)
- The Golden Ticket is not refundable, extendable or transferrable.
- The Golden Ticket cannot be exchanged for cash, credit or any other items.
- This offer is for individual reservation only and subject to availability at time of reservation.
- Room Bookings are subject to availability.
- Offer does not apply to long weekends or Saturday nights at Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya, Centar Q Resort Rayong, Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin, and Centra by Centara Cha-Am Beach Resort Hua Hin. For Saturday nights at these properties, guests may join a waiting list and if a room becomes available, guest will be notified two days in advance.
- Travel/Stay period: From 12 October to 30 December 2020
- Reservation must be made at least 3 days in advance of arrival date via www.centarahotelsresorts.com/golden-ticket
- Room reservation by using Golden Ticket is applicable to lead-in room type (breakfast is not included) at any Centara Hotels & Resorts in Thailand only.
- Offer is limited to one stay per hotel with the exception of Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort, Centara Hotel Hat Yai, Centara Hotel & Convention Centre Udon Thani, Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection, and Centra by Centara Hotel Mae Sot where two consecutive night stays are permitted and subject to availability.
- Room upgrade is applicable with supplement charge and subject to availability (payment to be done at the hotel).
- Room reservations cannot be cancelled, modified or combined with any other promotion at time of reservation.
- In case of no-show, that booked hotel allotment will be forfeited
- The owner/buyer of the Golden Ticket must be the same person who makes the room reservation and stays at the hotel/resort. Guests must verify and present their Thai National ID. card or passport upon check-in at the hotel/resort.
- Golden ticket is not applicable for CentaraThe1 point earning and redemption.
- Centara Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to cancel or modify reservations at our discretion without the need to justify such refusal. In some instances, we may also cancel or reject a reservation due to obvious errors, inaccuracies or typographical errors, including but not limited to inaccuracies relating to pricing or availability applicable to your booking. Centara Hotels & Resorts shall not assume responsibility or liability for any such inaccuracies or errors and shall have no obligation to honor bookings. Centara Hotels & Resorts have the right to cancel any illegitimate reservations found to be made, including without limitation, reselling or posting on third party websites, or making speculative, false or fraudulent reservations. Any misuse of the system intentionally or unintentionally will result in cancellation of the booking.
- You agree:
– To use of your mandatory personal information during the purchasing and making room reservation in our website(s) to process any transection/activities.
- In the case where any dispute arises, the decision rendered by Centara Hotels & Resorts decision on such matter shall be final.
- For more information or further assistance in making a reservation, please contact the Centara Reservation Centre email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +66 (0) 2101-1234 ext. 1 or our service Live Chat with staff.