Air Canada is in the process of relaunching Aeroplan after bringing it back in-house from Aimia.
Most Aeroplan functionality will be unavailable from the evening of November 6 through the morning of November 8 during the integration process.
You can access Aeroplan’s site for updates here.
Here’s what you should be aware of:
- Flight Rewards – Flight rewards will be temporarily unavailable for new reservations, changes and cancellations from the evening of Nov. 6, through the afternoon of Nov. 8. If a member is traveling during that time and needs immediate support for a previously booked flight reward reservation, they can contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre at 1-800-361-5373.
- Non-Air Rewards – Members will be unable to redeem points for merchandise (including gift cards) and other travel rewards starting from the evening of Nov. 6, through the afternoon of Nov. 8.
- Crediting points – For points earned with partners between Oct. 30 and Nov. 9, there will be a delay in points crediting. They will automatically be credited beginning Nov. 10.
- Altitude members – As in previous years, Altitude status members must choose their Select Privileges no later than Oct. 31. All status benefits, including eUpgrades, will remain available throughout the transition period.
- Star Alliance Upgrade Awards (SAUA) – Star Alliance Upgrade Awards will be paused for Aeroplan members starting Oct. 31. Members will be able to request these upgrades again later in 2021.
You could say that this is the perfect time for program integration when the travel overall is very light. Let’s see what comes out of this new Aeroplan.