Qatar Airways has launched a “Student Club” part of the airline’s Privilege Club frequent flier program.
Student Club members get discounts, extra luggage allowance, free changes, faster WiFi, and a tier upgrade upon graduation.
You can access this offer on Qatar’s website here.
The Student Cub is open for those studying in a college or university and between 18 to 30 years old. You can be members of the club for up to seven years.
Here are the benefits:
- Student Club members save 10%, 15%, and 20% on their first, second, and third bookings (no further codes issued).
- Members at the Burgundy-level get either one free piece or 10 kilos of additional allowance, depending on whether the baggage allowance on the ticketed route is based on piece or weight. The extra luggage allowance is not displayed on the eticket. You need to present your Student Club digital membership card to avail of this benefit.
- Faster Super Wi-Fi. Eligible members get the code by email 48 hours before the flight.
- Student Club members that have traveled on Qatar Airways at least once a year will get one level tier upgrade at the graduation.
- One date change free of charge (per ticket). You may have to pay fare difference, however.
Qatar Airways Student Club is open for registered students in and from:
Angola, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Rwanda, South Korea, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, Ukraine, United States, Vietnam
Qatar Airways has had student fares in the market that have higher luggage allowance and greater flexibility. These benefits have been rolled into this more formal program, and benefits are available on all fares.
It is a no brainer for a student to sign up for Qatar’s Student Club if they fly with the airline. You never know when you might be able to use some of the benefits offered by the program.
Here are the terms and conditions of the Student Club:
- Members must be a member of the Qatar Airways Privilege Club programme (the “Privilege Club”) first, in order to enrol in the Student Club Privilege Club (the “Student Club”) and to avail of the additional offers exclusively for students.
- Student is a person who is studying for a Degree and has joined a recognised higher education provider (university or college) and is between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Degree is defined as an academic degree, any of several titles conferred by colleges and universities to indicate the completion of a course of study or the extent of academic achievement.
- Registration to the Student Club is mandatory to avail of the offer.
- It is mandatory to provide the expected graduation date when enrolling in the Student Club program and it is the Student Member’s responsibility to update such date in the event of any changes.
- The maximum duration for membership to the Student Club is seven (7) years.
- The extra baggage allowance (10 kg/1 piece, where applicable) is applicable only for Burgundy level Privilege Club members. Members who are holding Silver, Gold, or Platinum tiers will continue to avail of their respective tier benefits for baggage allowance as per the current Privilege Club terms and conditions.
- To avail of the extra baggage allowance, the Student Member has to present the digital Student Club card at the time of check in.
- Student Members will benefit from upgrading to next tier (or extending it one year for Platinum) in the Privilege Club when they graduate, subject to: the submission of supporting documents, (to include but not limited to, proof of graduation), to Qatar Airways and the minimum flight criteria having been met.
- To be eligible for “Graduate with +1 Tier” benefits, the Student Member must have flown at least one (1) round trip journey per year after they enroll in the Student Club. This one round trip journey cannot be a redemption ticket.
- Tier upgrade: only one occurrence of tier upgrade (or extension) is permitted for Student Members during the course of their Student Club membership and this will only occur upon graduation.
- Student Members must provide the documents required by Qatar Airways to be eligible for an upgrade to the next tier.
- Grace period: Student Members should provide the proof of graduation documents within a maximum of 6 (six) months after the graduation date.
- Upon graduation, the student’s Student Club membership will end and the member will automatically continue to benefit from the Privilege Club membership.
- Student Club membership cards are produced only in digital format, no physical cards will be issued by Privilege Club.
- In order to join the Student Club and avail Student Club offers, it is necessary for Qatar Airways to process the Student Member’s personal data for the performance of these Terms and Conditions, in accordance with clause 21 [Your Personal Data and security of your Account] of the Privilege Club Terms and Conditions and Qatar Airways’ Privacy Notice.
- Qatar Airways and its Partners do not guarantee the availability of any offer or other benefits.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Qatar. Qatar Airways and each Student Member submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Qatar to resolve disputes arising in connection with the Student Club.
- Any Qmile accrual shall be in accordance with the Privilege Club Terms and Conditions.
- Qatar Airways may in its sole and absolute discretion terminate or suspend membership to the Student Club, or end the Student Club for any reason at any time.
- Qatar Airways will not be liable for any kind of loss or damage, including (without limitation) any loss or reduction in a Student Member’s advantages and any detriment or disadvantage, resulting from any alteration to or termination of the Student Club
- The limitations and exclusions of liability referred to in the Conditions of Carriage will apply in relation to travel with Qatar Airways.
- Travel period: starting from 1st November 2020.
- Registration to Student Club Privilege Club (the “Student Club”) is mandatory to avail of the offer.
- This offer is only available for registered students from and in: Angola, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Rwanda, South Korea, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, Ukraine, United States, Vietnam, who are a minimum of 18 years old, and under 30 years of age with a valid and current student identification card issued by an official student union or educational institute or valid student visa or an official acceptance letter issued by an educational institute, in English.
- The fare discount and one free of charge date change, are valid only when using the fare discount promo code by booking online via qatarairways.com and only whilst travelling on Qatar Airways operated flights.
- All fare discounts are only valid for bookings made with the unique promo code in the confirmation email sent to the Student Member’s registered email address.
- If a Student Member makes a booking by purchasing a non-discounted published fare, they will be eligible to avail of the extra baggage allowance by presenting their digital Student Club membership card as well as student ID or a university acceptance letter or student visa at the time of check in.
- One date change is permitted free of cost. There will be a one time waiver in respect of penalty and service fees normally incurred for a change of date. However, in the event of any difference in fare between the original date booked and the new date chosen, the difference in amount will be payable by the Student Member. For any additional date changes, the standard date change fees will apply.
- The fare discount is applicable for three flights, to be flown by the Student Member.
- The fare discount for the first ticket(s) will be 10% (ten percent) off the published ticket price.
- The fare discount for the second ticket(s) will be 15% (fifteen percent) off the published ticket price; and
- The fare discount for the third ticket(s) will be 20% (twenty percent) off the published ticket price.
- The Student Member will only be able to avail of the fare discount for the second ticket(s) after the completion of the first sector of the first flight booking. After the first sector of the first flight has been flown, the Student Member will receive a confirmation email containing a unique promo code in order to avail of the fare discount for the second tickets.
- The Student Member will only be able to avail of the fare discount for the third ticket(s) after the completion of the first sector of the second flight booking. After the first sector of the second flight has been flown, the Student Member will receive a confirmation email containing a unique promo code in order to avail of the fare discount for the third ticket(s).
- Super Wi-Fi is eligible on selected flights. The student must book on qatarairways.com in order to be eligible for the super Wi-Fi vouchers Click here for the full list
- The Super Wi-Fi voucher(s) will be delivered to the Student Member’s Student Club dashboard forty eight (48) hours before the first flight.
- Qatar Airways will request valid identification to confirm the eligibility of the passengers upon check-in.
- If passenger(s) are found to be ineligible, Qatar Airways reserves the right to charge the applicable fare as per qatarairways.com subject to availability or lowest available fare, and charge the additional baggage allowance as per standard fees.
- The discount and additional baggage allowance are not valid with codeshare and interline partnerships.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
- The Student Member’s personal details entered on the registration form must be exactly as stated on the passport used for travel.
- Seats are limited and are subject to availability.
- Other terms and conditions apply; please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.