Lufthansa has opened a Black Friday / Cyber Monday campaign giving out vouchers in the value of 30 EUR for flights originating from Germany that have to be requested through email link.
If you are planning to complete some bookings and find a worthwhile offer today on the Lufthansa website it might be a worthwhile thing to request one of the 30 EUR vouchers which will be applied to the base fare only.
Lufthansa used to run these voucher promotions frequently but they have gotten scarce over the last two years. It depends on the individual campaign if they are good for worldwide use or specific points of origin. This one is valid for departures ex Germany only and for worldwide destinations.
This time the voucher request works different than previous times where you had to to request one (or multiple ones), each with a different email address. You can find the promotion code by following a link from the newsletter sent out today or from Lufthansa’s Germany website.
Previously this used to be a universal code but you might want to check if that’s actually the case this time as well. I don’t intend on using the code either way as the travel period is outside of what I can actually use.
Keep in mind that some of the very cheap fares within Germany and Europe have a very low base fare of sometimes just a few Euro, the rest being taxes and fees. Since the voucher can only be applied to the base fare it might be that you can’t profit from the entire 30 EUR value.
I think this promotion is way too limited in order to be really useful for the broad audience. Having to request the code today and it only being valid for almost immediate use. At least the travel period is very long this time but of course the pandemic makes any long term plans a gamble.
Here are the Terms & Conditions for this promotion:
- The voucher code is valid on lufthansa.com from 26th November 2020 until 30th November 2020 between 00.00 and 23.59 hours. The travel period is from 27th November 2020 until 31st October 2021.
- Not applicable for bookings with children. Please contact our Service Center for bookings with children.
- Only valid for flights operated by Lufthansa and Lufthansa CityLine.
- Reduced fares that can be booked via an access code are not included.
- Only one voucher code can be used per booking transaction.
- The voucher code only reduces the fare value of the ticket; it cannot be credited against taxes, fees, other surcharges or the Lufthansa Ticket Service Charge (TSC).
- If the fare value of the ticket is less than the value of the voucher code, the balance may be applied to the fare value of additional tickets within the same booking process.
- If the voucher code exceeds the sum of the fare values of all the tickets in one booking transaction, the remaining amount cannot be redeemed in another booking transaction.
- Certain fares may be excluded from the use of voucher codes.
- Voucher codes can only be used for air tickets and not for rebooking fees (MCOs), excess baggage tickets, advance seat reservations or other additional products.
- Voucher codes cannot be used for “reservations with price guarantee” or subsequent flight bookings.
- Voucher codes cannot be used for flight bookings with infants/babies (up to 2 years old).
- When reimbursing a ticket for which a voucher code has been redeemed, only the reduced fare value will be reimbursed, subject to the fare conditions of the ticket.
- Voucher codes and any residual values arising from these cannot be paid out in cash.
- If the flight ticket value of a ticket bought with a voucher code is used as a down payment for a higher-value ticket (e.g. additional payment for a higher fare or rebooking), only the reduced ticket value will be credited to the new ticket.
- The passenger receipt, which acts as an invoice in the case of tickets, only shows the reduced airfare.
- The voucher code is specific to the individual. The resale or any other transfer of promotional codes to third parties is prohibited. In the event of an infringement against this, Lufthansa or a third party authorised by Lufthansa reserves the right to refuse to redeem the voucher code.
- Lufthansa reserves the right to cease the redeemability of the voucher code at any time. Only one voucher code may be used per promotion, per person. Lufthansa reserves the right to cancel bookings if a passenger uses several voucher codes in one promotion.
- The voucher is only valid for flights departing in Germany and can only be redeemed at www.lufthansa.com.