Emirates has sent out mass emails today about its offer for one (economy) or two free nights (business & first) at the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel in Dubai for travel by February 28, 2021.
This offer first sounds quite good, but it doesn’t match what Qatar Airways and Etihad have previously offered if you dig a bit deeper. You must make your eligible booking under this offer by December 23.
You can access this offer on the Emirates website here.
The main issue with this offer is that it is not available for those in transit or stopping over in Dubai. Your destination must be Dubai.
You get one room PER BOOKING, regardless of the number of passengers. If you have children, it is better to make multiple bookings because each is then valid for a complimentary room at the JW.
This would have been a reasonable offer if it was also available for those having a stopover in Dubai.
Emirates likely charges quite a significant revenue premium for direct flights to/from its base rending this offer not very useful.
Who would fly to Dubai for 24 or 48 hours, considering that you may be required to have one or two Covid-19 tests, including a quarantine waiting for the results, depending on your origin?
Here are the terms and conditions of this sale:
- This offer (the “Offer”) is brought to you by Emirates, a corporation established by Dubai Ruler’s Decree No. 2 of 1985 (as amended) having its principal office at Emirates Group Headquarters, Airport Road, P.O. Box 686, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (“Emirates”) and hosted via the website found at www.emirates.com (“Website”).
- These terms and conditions (together the “Terms”) set out the rules of participation in the Offer. By taking advantage of the Offer, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept these Terms and you agree to be bound by the Terms.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms, results and all other matters relating to the Offer, Emirates decision will be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
The Offer terms and conditions:
- Customers purchasing an Eligible Flight (defined below) can enjoy a complimentary Hotel stay subject to the below terms and conditions (the “Offer”).
- The “Offer”: The offer includes one (1) complimentary night stay at JW Marriott Marquis for Economy Class, or two (2) complimentary nights’ stay and upgrade to next room category (subject to availability) at JW Marriott Marquis for First and Business Class passengers on room only basis; and is subject to availability. If the hotel is not available, Emirates will book a room at a hotel with a comparable star rating.
- Passengers traveling on Mixed Class (Economy and Business or First class) fares will be entitled to an Economy Class stay.
- The complimentary stay will always be booked on the arrival date of the flight booking.
- Passengers returning to Emirates destinations in North and South America, or Africa can go home with one extra piece of luggage*. Those traveling to other destinations within the Emirates network can take advantage of an additional 10 kilograms baggage allowance.
- To take advantage of the Offer, you must, during the Sale Period, book and pay in full for an Emirates return flight to final destination Dubai [DXB] at emirates.com, through our call center or retail outlets or through a travel agent with travel to commence within the Travel Period. Once booked and paid, you must send an e mail to EmiratesOffer@emirates.com containing your PNR reference, passenger names (only passengers in the mentioned PNR will be booked), contact phone number and contact e mail address that will receive the hotel confirmation. By sending the email or instructing your travel agent to send the email on your behalf, you acknowledge that Emirates will share your necessary personal information (name, date of birth, where applicable) with the hotel partner, solely for the purpose of making the hotel reservation.
- Bookings for this special hotel offer must be made at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
- You will receive the email with the hotel confirmation within 72 hours.
- Eligible flights: Flight tickets must be purchased for return journeys. One way flight tickets; tickets with final Emirates flights destination outside of Dubai; transiting Dubai passengers; and tickets with a stopover in Dubai, will not be eligible for the Offer.
- Emirates flight tickets are at all times subject to availability and Emirates Conditions of Carriage and applicable ticket conditions as set out on the Emirates website.
- The Offer is not applicable on industry discounted tickets or group discounted tickets.
- The Offer is not applicable on full redemption tickets where such tickets have been redeemed in full using Emirates Skywards Miles or other redemption offers.
- The Offer is valid for tickets issued on Emirates (ticket number starting with 176), operated by Emirates aircraft and Emirates crew, and on Emirates flights only (flight number starting with EK).
- Sale Period means 00.00 GMT+13 /UTC time zone on December 2, 2020 and closes at 23.59 GMT 8/UTC time zone on December 23, 2020.
- Travel Period means December 6, 2020 to February 28, 2021 inclusive. Offer available for new bookings made between December 2, 2020 and December 23, 2020 inclusive, and cannot be claimed retroactively on existing bookings. Blackout dates for hotel stay: December 27, 2020 to January 2, 2021, both dates inclusive.
- Emirates accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by an individual as a result of entering or claiming the Offer whatsoever for any reason including without limitation to an event cancellation. This exclusion does not include any liability for death or personal injury caused solely by the negligence of Emirates.
- Taking advantage of the Offer does not confer on the individual any rights in or over any intellectual property arising in connection with the Offer.
- Any Terms that are held to be invalid in any jurisdiction shall whenever allowed by the context be deemed to be replaced by valid and enforceable terms and conditions, the content of which is as close as permissible to that of the invalid or unenforceable Terms.
- Emirates reserves the right to modify or vary the Offer and/or these Terms at any time without notice.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Dubai, and as applicable the UAE, and the Dubai courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes.
- Hotel stay is subject to the terms and conditions of the hotel.
- Offer applicable on twin sharing basis (max 2 adults+ 1 child up to 11.99 years old), Children accommodated on existing bedding.
- A 24 hour check in and check out policy applies. Check in time begins from the Dubai scheduled flight arrival time of the original booking.
- One (1) complimentary room will be extended per booking. Should the number of passengers in the booking exceed the capacity of the provided room, an additional room will be booked automatically.
- Offer is valid for children only when accompanied by at least one adult who is 18 years old or above. Proof of age may be required at check in.
- For Business and First class, the complimentary stay will always be for two (2) consecutive nights.
- In case of eligible passengers sharing a room, the Offer will not be combinable and only 1 night for Economy or 2 nights for Business and First Class passengers will be extended in total for both passengers.
- Guests may be required to provide a credit card upon check in to the hotel.
- If the flight booking is canceled, the confirmed hotel booking will be automatically canceled without any notification. Any rebooking within the sale period will need to be sent to EmiratesOffer@emirates.com as a separate request.
- In case of flight rebooking, change requests for rooms will be subject to availability, and no change is permitted within 72 hours prior to travel.
- Any date change requests to the hotel booking due to change in flight dates will be amended only subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
- In case of no show, the confirmed hotel booking will not be re bookable
- The Offer includes taxes and Tourism Dirham Fee. Emirates is not responsible for any additional room charges, incidentals, mini bar etc. All additional charges will be the responsibility of the passenger. The offer does not include meet and assist at the airport, airport transportation, PCR test or visa charges.
- Passengers are responsible for organizing the necessary travel or visa documents. Passengers applying for a UAE entry visa are responsible for obtaining a valid visa before entering the UAE and for organizing the necessary PCR testing or quarantine required to fulfill individual entry criteria at the origin or the destination at their own cost.
- The Additional Baggage Allowance is applicable only on the return journey from Dubai. It will be automatically updated in the booking reference and the standard allowance on the ticket will remain unchanged.
- Customers who take advantage of the Offer traveling back to Emirates destinations in North America, South America or Africa will be eligible for one extra piece of baggage as per the standard piece concept rules of Emirates (length + width + height not to exceed 150 cm and up to 23 kg), and customers who take advantage of the Offer traveling to all other Emirates destinations, will be eligible to 10 kg of excess baggage.
- Chauffeur drive service is available in Dubai for eligible First and Business class passengers. The service must be booked as per the normal process.
- The offer includes nothing other than that expressly stated to be included as part of the offer. The guest will be responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with accessing the offer and the hotel stay, including but not limited to travel insurance, food, and transfers (other than as provided for under these terms) and any other ancillary costs associated with the offer and the hotel stay.