Hotels in Bangkok have been very active at coming up with special sales and promotions to fill up the hotels with locals now that foreign incoming tourism has been essentially banned.
Hyatt Regency Bangkok-hotel has launched a One Million Baht (roughly $33K) Club that allows you to live in the hotel for a year.
You can access Hyatt Regency Bangkok here.
Things to consider:
- The World of Hyatt eligible spend should be roughly 855K THB (1M less tax + service), about $28K.
- You would earn credit for 365 nights and $28 in lifetime spend ($200K required for lifetime Globalist)
- I would value the 200K THB F&B credit at half of the value due.
Here are two videos of the rooms & suites I have at this hotel:
One Million Baht Club Package:
One Million Baht Club is the signature unlimited stay privilege package from Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit. A wonderful value-for-money opportunity for frequent guests who are seeking a semi-permanent stay in the city center of Bangkok with a one-time fee, which includes various benefits from our leading business partners.
Benefits at Hotel
• Unlimited stay at a Club Room for 365 nights for up to 2 (two) adults and one child under 12 years old.
• Complimentary access to Club Lounge for breakfast, all day coffee/tea/snacks, evening cocktails.
• Complimentary usage of Club Lounge meeting room up to 10 persons*
• Baht 200,000 credit for usage at the hotel’s restaurants, room service, bars and events.
• Housekeeping services that reflect your preferences on frequency and time of day.
• Complimentary usage of 24 hours Fitness Center.
• Complimentary Electricity and Water Consumption of your room as well as complimentary WIFI throughout the hotel.
• Complimentary laundry and dry clean (up to 6 pcs per day)
• Complimentary local phone call.
• Dedicated hotel’s concierge service.
• Complimentary one car park at the hotel’s premise.
• Standard World of Hyatt in-hotel benefits including earning points and having nights count toward elite-tier status.
• Complimentary Private rooftop birthday party at Spectrum with 2-hrs free flow drinks for up to 20 pax.
• Transferable membership to family member with same last name*
• 10 times limousine usage within Bangkok.
• 10 nights stay at your choice of Hyatt Resorts Thailand in 3 destinations – Hua Hin, Samui or Phuket.
• 10 times complimentary one-hour Thai or Aroma massage at Let’s Relax for one person at the Allez (next to hotel)
• Complimentary Executive Program Medical Check up for one person at Bumrungrad International Hospital including round trip limousine transfers.
• Viz Black card membership to enjoy special privilege at Siam Paragon, Siam Center, Icon Siam and Siam Discovery.
Exclusive for KTC card holders (all card types)
• Baht 50,000 top up credit for usage at the hotel’s restaurants, room service, bars and events .
• First 20 applicants will be upgraded to Club Deluxe Room.
For more information, please contact us at 02-098-1234 or email@example.com
If you stay 365 nights, the per nightly price is $91, not taking into account extra F&B and other credits.
This may sound a deal, but in my opinion, it is not, and here is why:
1. How many nights would you really stay at this hotel over a year? (Unclear if you can stay over multiple years, and if yes, how many?)
2. They wouldn’t upgrade you to a Regency Suite?
3. You can rent a very nice apartment for the same money in Bangkok for a year
You would get a nice bump in your lifetime revenue to spend but would only cover 14% of the $200K Globalist requirement.