IHG Hotels acquired the Six Sense luxury brand close to two years ago back in early 2019 (read more here) and has been in the process of integrating the hotels into the IHG Rewards Club and Ambassador programs ever since.
IHG disclosed that Six Senses spend would be counted towards InterContinental Royal Ambassador qualification (read more here) back in October. However, none of the hotels were IHG Rewards Club participating then or even now.
You can access InterContinental’s page for the Ambassador benefits here.
Now, IHG has updated the InterContinental Ambassador program terms and conditions, making it clearer what Ambassador, Royal Ambassador, and Kimpton Inner Circle members can expect to get on their Six Senses stays.
Here are the benefits:
– Breakfast for two
– Signature amenity
– One category room upgrade
– 4 PM checkout (guaranteed for Royal Ambassador and Inner Circle members)
– 10 AM check-in (guaranteed for Royal Ambassador and Inner Circle members)
– Wellness Platter welcome amenity (what is this?)
Here’s the relevant part of the Ambassador T&Cs:
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
42. InterContinental Ambassador, Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle members will receive the following benefits when staying at participating Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas;
a. Complimentary Breakfast for two in the main restaurant per day
b. Signature Amenity of either a complimentary 50 minute Six Senses Spa massage for two or local experience once per stay. The Signature Amenity varies by resort, is subject to availability and confirmed on arrival. Not applicable with corporate or negotiated rates.
c. Complimentary one category room upgrade (subject to availability, excluding residences and 2 bedroom of greater suites/villas)
d. Extended check-out of 4pm subject to availability. Guaranteed for Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle members
e. Early check-out of 10am subject to availability. Guaranteed for Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle members and in circumstances where the room is not available at 10 am, the member may be checked into another available room until the original booked room becomes available.
f. Complimentary Internet access. Internet accessibility, speed, and connectivity in common areas and guest rooms vary by resort
g. Wellness Platter welcome amenity on day of arrival
43. Benefits at Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas are applied when booked through IHG’s central reservation offices, IHG web sites, the IHG App, authorised travel agents (exluding online travel agents such as Expedia.com and booking.com, and unauthorised agents on online verticle travel portals), or directly at the hotel and cannot be combined with any other on-property benefit provided by a third party.
44. InterContinental Ambassador, Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle benefits apply only to the member’s personal room and the member must be staying as a registeredt guest in order to receive member benefits.
I am getting really confused with this Six Senses IHG Rewards Club, InterContinental Ambassador, and Kimpton Inner Circle integration.
The program T&Cs were updated with the benefits, but based on the information we just received this morning from the IHG spokesperson, the Six Senses brand is not yet participating. How this makes any sense?
The one category upgrade for Royal Ambassadors is disappointing considering that most other programs upgrade to standard suites (4 to 5 category upgrades) based on availability. The late checkout is not guaranteed unless you are Royal Ambassador (guaranteed at InterContinentals even for Ambassador members).
IHG really needs to step up the loyalty benefits if they wish to attract members who stay at higher-end and luxury properties.
You get most of these Six Senses “benefits” merely by booking through Virtuoso or any other similar program.