Japan Airlines (JAL) is the next airline that has teamed up with an insurance company to offer complimentary Covid-19 coverage.
The coverage is valid on international trips for up to 31 days between December 23 – June 30, 2021, and expires when you return to your country of residence.
You can access JAL’s page for Covid-19 coverage here.
Customers taking JAL operated international flights with JL flight numbers departing the specified period.
- Child and infant tickets, tickets issued via travel agencies, inclusive package tours, and award tickets are also eligible.
- Codeshare flights operated by other airlines are not eligible.
- No application is needed in advance.
Here are the covered features:
- Applicable period December 23, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Provided complimentary to all customers on JAL operated international flights with JL flight numbers.
- 24-hour support line to advise on medical and accommodation arrangements should the need arise.
- Cover is provided automatically, no application is needed.
- Coverage for up to 150,000 euros of medical expenses.
- Up to 100 euros per day with a maximum of 14 days to cover the cost of quarantine isolation.
Fairly typical Covid-19 coverage that is provided by the airline. I always warn readers that this is not a travel medical coverage that is part of travel insurance, which I receive from Amex.
These airline coverages, however, help visitors that require proof of Covid-19 insurance to enter the destination.
Here are the FAQs by JAL: