Marriott Bonvoy started a points sale last month that is about to end. You must purchase by December 22, 2020.
Members get a 50% bonus on points purchased or gifted. The number of points that a member can buy or gifted in any calendar year is capped at 50,000, which is tripled to 150,000 for the duration of this sale.
You can access this offer on Marriott’s website here.
Note that a member’s account that receives the points must have been open a minimum of 90 days OR 30 if there has been any qualifying activity.
Here’s the price at a 50% bonus:
The cost of a point purchased at a 50% bonus (you get 225,000 for $1,875) is 0.83 cents each.
Award availability right now is excellent, and many hotels on sale with fewer points than usual.
Booking using points makes the most sense at costly properties or when you need cancellation flexibility over prepaid and nonrefundable rates.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Transactions must be completed between 12:00 a.m. ET November 26, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. ET December 22, 2020, to be eligible for the 50% bonus Points offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- Purchased Points do not count towards Marriott BonvoyTM Elite status.
- A member may purchase or receive as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 150,000 Points during the promotional period only. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2020 are included in the 150,000 Points limit. The 50% bonus Points earned with this promotion are not included in the 150,000 Points limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000, up to 50,000 Points (with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points required for promotion eligibility); in increments of 5,000, up to a maximum of 100,000 Points; or in increments of 10,000, up to 150,000 Points.
- Points can be purchased at a rate of US$12.50 per 1,000 Points, US$62.50 per 5,000 Points or US$125 per 10,000 Points.
- Points purchases will be processed up to seven (7) business days after purchase.
- Base Points purchased will be deposited into members’ Accounts first. Bonus Points will be deposited up to 48 hours after that initial deposit.
- You must be a member in good standing to both purchase and receive Points.
- New members may purchase Points thirty (30) days after enrollment if their Marriott Bonvoy Account reflects qualifying activity as described in the Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules. After one (1) year from enrollment, new members are eligible to purchase Points regardless of their Account activity.
- Once Points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing Points using a Marriott Bonvoy cobrand credit card will earn Points as an everyday purchase.
- This offer is valid only for Points purchased through the promotion’s Buy Points or Gift Points pages.
- All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply and can be found at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi.