IHG Hotels acquired the Six Sense luxury brand close to two years ago in early 2019 (read more here) and has been in the process of integrating the hotels into the IHG ever since
IHG disclosed that Six Senses spend would be counted towards InterContinental Royal Ambassador qualification (read more here) back in October, and earlier this month revealed what benefits select members can expect at this brand (read more here).
You can access InterContinental’s page for the Ambassador benefits here.
IHG made the following change to the Six Senses participation:
42. Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa will progressively be integrating into the IHG Rewards programme and at that time the following benefits will apply for InterContinental Ambassador, Royal Ambassador and Kimpton Inner Circle members…
The previous update indicated that these hotels would already extend the benefits for Ambassador, Royal Ambassador, and Inner Circle members, that is not the case.
Here are the benefits (available when hotels become participating):
Here are the benefits:
– Breakfast for two
– Signature amenity
– One category room upgrade
– 4 PM checkout (guaranteed for Royal Ambassador and Inner Circle members)
– 10 AM check-in (guaranteed for Royal Ambassador and Inner Circle members)
– Wellness Platter welcome amenity
These brand integrations into loyalty programs appear to take two years or longer that is likely due to contractual agreements between hotel and brand owners.
Not all acquired hotels will necessarily want to have associated with the brand anymore and pay an additional fee to participate in the loyalty program (usually 3% to 5% of the revenue).
We will likely see a gradual integration of Six Senses hotels into the IHG Rewards Club rather than all hotels become participating at once.
We should know more in early 2021.