Virgin Atlantic Flying Club has opened a new status match campaign targeted for British Airways Executive Club tier members, requiring one flight booked with Virgin Atlantic.
The booked flight can be either revenue or a mileage/award flight on Virgin Atlantic in order for the match to be approved (can just as well be cancelled and fully refunded after, although Virgin reserves the right to revoke the match in that case).
There hasn’t been a status match promotion from Virgin Atlantic for quite some time and this year it’s exclusively targeted to siphon off BAEC members.
Well we feel exactly the same way, we want you to feel special, and to have a wonderful time.
So what if you could instantly have all the amazing benefits that come with being a frequent flyer, just by booking one Virgin Atlantic flight?
For a limited time, we’ll match your British Airways Executive Club status in Flying Club – opening up a world of upgrades, lounge access and reward flights, plus a wealth of perks and offers with our partners in the air and on the ground.
Status match offer:
• British Airways Executive Club Bronze member – Flying Club Silver status for 1 year if you have a flight* booked in Premium or Upper Class
• British Airways Executive Club Silver member – Flying Club Silver status for 1 year if you have a flight* booked in any cabin.
• British Airways Executive Club Gold member – Flying Club Gold status for 1 year if you have a flight* booked in any cabin
*Eligible flights are Virgin Atlantic revenue flights or Reward Flights
During this promotion your status will be matched before your upcoming flight, within 30 days of status match approval, so you can start enjoying your Flying Club tier benefits right away.
The most flexible match offer is for BAEC Gold & Silver members who will be matched to Flying Club to the equivalent status level regardless in which cabin the Virgin flight is booked.
Here is how it works:
1. Join Virgin Atlantic Flying Club (if you’re not already a member)
2. Provide your Flying Club membership number
3. Provide proof of your British Airways Executive Club membership, with a photo or screenshot of your membership card.
4. Provide the booking reference for your upcoming Virgin Atlantic flight
This promotion ends on 28th February 2021.
The webform requires to submit both a picture of the membership card as well as the booking with Virgin Atlantic.
The application should be processed within a few weeks.
Here you can compare all the benefits of the various Flying Club level.
Generally speaking it’s a great offer but then again what flights can you currently book with Virgin (ex/via UK) that will actually go ahead and who can foresee properly which of these trips he’s going to make with all the ever changing immigration requirements.
Even though the T&C say that Virgin can revoke the status match when the reference booking will be cancelled or changed I highly doubt that will actually happen in these times. Of course that’s a gamble everyone has to take individually.
These are the Terms & Conditions of this status match:
To qualify for this offer, you must be an existing member of Flying Club or join the Flying Club programme either online or via our customer centre.
• You must have a forthcoming VAA revenue booking or Reward Flight booking in the specified cabin/s for your status match.
• Your Flying Club Gold or Silver membership will be valid for 12 months from the date the account is upgraded.
• Your Flying Club account will be upgraded within 30 days from the complete status match request being submitted and approved.
• Gold members will need to earn 1,000 tier points in the membership period to retain Gold status.
• Silver members will need to earn 400 tier points in the membership period to retain Silver status.
• This offer cannot be transferred to any other traveller.
• This offer is not applicable for SkyMiles Diamond and Medallion members.
• Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time if deemed necessary.
• Approval for the Gold and Silver membership is at the discretion of Virgin Atlantic.
• Standard Flying Club terms and conditions apply. Please visit Flying Club terms for full details.
• Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to revoke the status match if you subsequently cancel your booking and it no longer meets the criteria of the offer.
• Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to revoke the status match if you subsequently choose to change your booking and it no longer meets the criteria of the offer.