Megatix, an event company in Thailand is continuing their promotion with Marriott hotels in the Kingdom offering gift/stay certificates at up to 70% bonus that has now been extended through June 30, 2021.
You can use these vouchers towards eligible expenses such as accommodation (only specific rates apply), SPA, and F&B through the validity date designated by the property.
You should check any possible blackout dates when you cannot use them, and if you can use them towards all folio expenses. The terms of these vouchers are hotel specific and not all room rates are applicable to be used in combination with these vouchers.
Here are the available values (example Four Points Phuket):
Kick back and relax in our new beachfront resort with its 5 restaurants and bars in the heart of Patong Beach, Phuket.
Don’t miss out on our value-added hotel vouchers! Redeemable for stylish stays or delicious dining. For limited time only, get up to 70% bonus when you buy this exclusive credit vouchers.
Four options are available:
THB 1,000 voucher for a total value of THB 1,250
THB 3,000 voucher for a total value of THB 4,500
THB 5,000 voucher for a total value of THB 8,000
THB 10,000 voucher for a total value of THB 17,000
Sell Dates: Today – 30 June 2021
Voucher Valid Period Dates 1 October 2020 – 31 December 2021
CAREFUL: The expiration date of the vouchers varies by property so keep your eyes open when purchasing Megatix!
Most Marriott hotels in Thailand are participating in this campaign and vouchers can be purchased directly through the Megatix website.
I have purchased several of these Megatix vouchers myself since this summer, usually for the full amount of 10,000 Baht plus 70% Bonus:
- Marriott Marquis Bangkok
- Westin Bangkok
- Four Points Phuket
- Marriott Merlin Beach Phuket
- Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Unfortunately the purchase coded on my Chase Sapphire Reserve card as “Entertainment” and didn’t earn 3X points for the purchase as it would have under “Travel”.
The vouchers are being delivered instantly in pdf version and can be used after one hour activation period. It was no problem whatsoever to complete the purchase with a foreign credit card.
Here are the terms of the Four Points Phuket Patong Beach:
– Food and Beverage: Vouchers may be used in all hotel outlets but do not include restaurant reservations made via third party websites
– Accommodation: Vouchers are only valid for direct bookings made though Marriott.com or by calling the hotel reservations directly.
– Advance purchase/Pre-paid rates are excluded.
– Vouchers cannot be used for services managed by outside vendors (transportation, tours and laundry services), day pass and resort activities.
– Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional or discounted offer or vouchers.
– Voucher amount will be credited to the Guest folio at the time of checkout.
– Folio credits are not transferrable, not redeemable for cash, void after checkout and cannot be applied toward future stays.
– A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent in the same hotel, regardless of check in/check out activities. Check out and check in cannot be on the same day.
– Vouchers cannot be used for any events, group booking or wedding.
– Marriott Bonvoy and Marriott Bonvoy Points can be earned through the normal qualified stay process
– All reservations are subject to hotel availability.
– Vouchers cannot be used to prepay or guarantee hotel stays. Guests must use regular booking methods. Hotel stays must be guaranteed with a credit card and a deposit at check is required for room rate, taxed, and incidentals
-The use of voucher must be presented upon check-in or prior to the use of service.
This hotel is very liberal with certain rates (packages) that can be applied to these vouchers as is the Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queens Park. Others properties are much more stringent.
The Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and Marriott Surawongse unfortunately only accept these vouchers for F&B as well as Spa, not room accommodation. Too bad!
Right now these promotions combined with very good local rates are the only source of revenue for the hotel industry here in Thailand. We now have February 2021 and it still looks very unlikely that there will be any higher influx of overseas tourists allowed into Thailand anytime soon.
The offer for these Megatix has been renewed/extended several times. They first came on the scene in late spring/early summer of 2020 and since then a new sale came out about every 3 months.
Due to the sometimes short expiration dates these vouchers are primarily suitable for those already in Thailand and seek to redeem for an upcoming domestic holiday. I already burned through 250,000 Baht worth of Megatix vouchers with Marriott to successfully rack up my lifetime nights.
These certs allow for some good savings but you cannot use them towards prepaid rates and pretty much any rates that say specifically that they can’t be paired with other promotions and discounts. Which rates are excluded or included depends on the hotel (always check the property specific T&Cs) and can also be seen in the rate description on the website. If the rate description doesn’t have an exclusion for vouchers or specifically allows it then you’re good to go. You can also just call the hotel and ask which rates are eligible.
I did get full points and stay credit for all my stays. Vouchers can also be used for certain package rates such at the Marriott Marquis (booked a voucher eligible 2999 Baht Rate that included Breakfast, 1000 Baht F&B credit per day plus 5000 points per stay). At the Four Points Phuket I also booked a package rate that came with 500 Baht per day hotel credit.