IHG Business Rewards has launched a new offer for meeting planners and those who book on behalf of others through December 31, 2021.
Members in Greater China can earn triple points through the end of the year if booked by May 31.
You can access this offer on IHG’s website here.
This offer is valid for IHG Business Rewards members in Greater China Region (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan), and for stays or meetings in the same area (only nine hotels have opted out).
There is a maximum spend per event that capped at $20,000 that earns triple points.
You usually earn 3 points per USD charged as an IHG Business Rewards member tripled to 9 for this campaign’s duration.
This promotion allows a “booker” to earn 9 points per USD charged for his/her IHG Rewards account for these IHG Business Rewards bookings.
The member who stays earns the usual base, status, and promotional points. These booker bonuses are in addition to the standard points earned.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
2021 IHG Greater China Spring Triple points Campaign Promotional Terms and Conditions:
General Promotion Terms: These “General Promotion Terms” shall govern this Promotion.
1. Qualification for Participating
This promotion shall be applied to hotels located in Greater China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) only. Please refer to detail participating hotel list updated by IHG on brand website. But following 9 hotels in Greater China do not participate in this campaign:
Holiday Inn Express Yinchuan downtown
Holiday Inn Express Panjin downtown
Holiday Inn Express Shenyang North Station
Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Pudong Chuansha
Holiday Inn Putian Xiuyu
Crowne Plaza Fuzhou Riverside
Crowne Plaza Fuzhou South
Hotel Indigo Xiamen harbour
2. Promotional Period and Promotional Rewards
This IHG® Business Rewards “2021 Greater China Spring Triple points” promotion (“Promotion”) is subject to the standard IHG® Business Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihg.com/businessrewards. Any capitalised terms used herein and not specifically defined shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions. Promotion includes Bonus Points offer (Triple Points) and additional group and meetings benefits at participating IHG® Hotels in Greater China.
• “Registration Period” and “Booking Period” for Offer and Promotion: 1 March 2021 to 31 May 2021
• “Stay Period” for Offer and Promotion: by 31 December 2021
Booker Bonus Offer: Triple Points
If a booker is a IHG® Business Rewards Member belonging to the Greater China Region (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan)(“Member”), has accepted the IHG® Business Rewards Programme Terms and Conditions (www.ihg.com/businessrewards) online, registered their Membership number with this Promotion (“Registration”), and booked a hotel participating in the IHG® Business Rewards Programme (see the list of participating hotels at www.ihg.com/businessrewards during the Promotional Booking Period, that booker may enjoy the following member benefits:
A member can enjoy a promotional opportunity to earn Triple points (“Promotion Points” — 9 points instead of 3 points for each dollar spent) during the booking promotion period once successfully registered, subject to the activity requirements (ihg.com/bookers). The member’s qualifying amount for earning promotional points during the event may not exceed $20,000. Spending that meets the reward criteria may be from multiple and/or individual bookings. Spending on bookings made prior to signing up for this promotion does not qualify as spending that meets the reward standard to earn promotion points. This promotion cannot be combined with any other discount.
Example of ” Triple points” earned:
If a registered member has a qualifying spend of $5,000 USD during the promotion period, then the member earns 9 points for every dollar spent, earning a total of 45,000 points.
If a registered member has a qualifying spend of $20,000 USD during the promotion period, then the member earns 9 points for every dollar spent, earning a total of 180,000 points.
If a registered member has a qualifying spend of $40,000 USD during the promotion period (2 times * $20,000 USD events), then the member earns 9 points for every dollar spent, earning a total of 360,000 points.
Additional Group and Meetings Hotel Benefits
• If a registered IHG® Business Rewards books a meeting or an event at a participating IHG® Hotels in Greater China between 1 March 2021 and 31 May 2021, that has an arrival date on or before 31 December 2021, with a minimum of ten (10) guest rooms booked on the night (the “Qualifying Event”), and satisfies the terms and conditions of this Promotion:
• The member that enters in an agreement with the a participating IHG® Hotels in Greater China for the Qualifying Event (the “Qualifying Event Agreement or contract”) may choose maximum four (4) of the following additional benefits (subject to availability at the Participating hotels, and no substitutions or credits will be permitted):
1. Upgrade your meeting space for extra RMB 1; extra RMB1 enjoys function upgrade to bigger meeting room, upgrade subject to availability at the participating hotels, must be included in the contract, at the time of contracting. Hotel ballroom excluded.
2. 1 complimentary room upgrade to suite for every 10 paid rooms; For every 10 rooms per night booked by a group, 1 of these will enjoy a complimentary room upgrade to suite (only applicable to the hotel’s basic room categories), up to 5 room nights per group contract or per stay (A “Stay” is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out.), subject to availability at the hotel, hotel Presidential suite excluded. “Group” is defined as group bookings of at least 10 rooms per night. (For group and meetings book only, Free night or reward night excluded.)
3. Opportunity to get 10% off the master bill; 10% off on the master bill for each booking (excluding audio facilities and any other their party service fees), up to the value of $20,000 USD per event. The maximum value of discount per bill will be $2,000 USD.
4. 1-hour complimentary networking drinks; opportunity for each booking, only 1-hour per group contract or stay, must be included in the contract, at the time of contracting.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The “Qualifying spend” must include:
(1) A signed sales or catering contract
(2) Be held at at participating IHG® Hotels in Greater China. (a full list of participating hotels can be obtained from www.ihg.com/businessrewards)
(3) The booker is an IHG® Business Rewards Member (“Member”), has accepted the IHG® Business Rewards Programme Terms and Conditions (href=”https://www.ihg.com/businessrewards”>www.ihg.com/businessrewards) online, then registered his/her membership number to this Promotion (for details on registration please visit href=”https://ihgrc.ihggccampaign.com/brc“>https://ihgrc.ihggccampaign.com/brc)
2. For this Promotion to apply, Bookings must be made 1 March 2021 to 31 May 2021 (“Booking Period”) for Qualifying stays and events held by 31 December 2021 (“Stay Period”).
3. Promotion must be referenced at start of the negotiation process with the Participating Property and is not valid with any room blocks or Qualifying Events booked, under negotiation, or that occurred prior to 1 March 2021.
4. Promotion may not be combined with any other offers, incentives, discounts or promotions.
5. Promotion is subject to availability of guest rooms and meeting facilities at time of booking.
Other terms and conditions:
• All times involved are based on the server time (standard Beijing time) used by the organizer.
• Participants promise to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and other regulatory documents during their participation in this Promotion.
• The organizer is not responsible for any failure or delay in the transmission of participant information due to computer viruses, network failures, hacker attacks, telecommunication regulations, network transmission delays, or malfunctions.
• Employees of IHG® and its affiliates and their immediate relatives are NOT eligible to participate in this activity.
• If for any reason (including but not limited to force majeure) this activity cannot be carried out as planned, the organizer reserves the rights to change, cancel, suspend or terminate this activity at its sole discretion.
• For people who participate in this activity in an improper manner, including but not limited to malicious registration, malicious cash-out, and taking advantage of system bugs, etc., the organizer reserves the rights to cancel their eligibility to participate in this activity and receive a prize without prior notice.
Promotion Points can be achieved by booking Qualifying Room Rates for Accommodation and Meetings Bookings when booking on behalf of others in accordance with IHG® Business Rewards Programme Terms and Conditions (www.ihg.com/businessrewards). Qualifying Spend is defined per IHG® Business Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions (Clause 1) at Participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express, Kimpton®, Regent®, voco®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued on Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays include the following: net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party websites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG®’s sole discretion.
Points earned through this Promotion can be used for redemption opportunities towards Reward Nights, merchandise and other redemption opportunities. Redemption options listed in Promotion materials are examples of redemptions only and availability and points to redeem varies by country. Other redemption opportunities are available in the IHG Rewards Club catalogue. Please visit www.ihg.com/rewardsclub to see all redemption options available in your country.
Points earned through the Promotion will be awarded up to 60 days after the end of the Stay Period. This exclusive Promotion is valid and applies to the original recipient only. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, IHG reserves the right to remove a member’s Boosters Points if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, IHG Business Rewards reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of these Terms and Conditions. Members must make any Promotional inquiries with regard to the member qualification, bonus qualification, or points/bonus amount within 60 days after the expiration of the campaign Promotional Booking Period (“Inquiry Period”). All member bookings and promotional information and records will be filed and recorded by IHG in the Inquiry Period, IHG cannot access such information and records out of the Inquiry Period due to the system limitation. Members shall assume the liability for any loss caused by any failure in making inquiries within the Inquiry Period.